Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Calling all Fen Tigers!

Calling all Fen Tigers!

Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calling all Fen Tigers!

Originally Posted by dreamfish
hell no (although, worryingly, when my dad did our family tree we discovered some 'cousins' in wisbech).

no i am a Pottery.
My dad told me that Wisbech is known as the incest capital of England.... they like a bit of new blood over there.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:15 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Genie3
We are the other side of Nelson past Atawhai.
where?
Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Yep can't beat early morning dog walks in the fens the views and beauty.
I was married to a farmer in South Lincs and used to ride my horse out really early sometimes... Ive been known to get up at 4am to be out riding at dawn.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

Genie3 is just really niceGenie3 is just really niceGenie3 is just really niceGenie3 is just really niceGenie3 is just really niceGenie3 is just really niceGenie3 is just really niceGenie3 is just really niceGenie3 is just really niceGenie3 is just really niceGenie3 is just really nice

Originally Posted by SarahB
My dad told me that Wisbech is known as the incest capital of England.... they like a bit of new blood over there.

Yeah you could say that about alot of the fens!! most of us take it with a pinch of salt!! The further that way maybe the more is true I don't know
OK I'll go hide now

Bevs: we are out by the Glen
Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yeah you could say that about alot of the fens!! most of us take it with a pinch of salt!! The further that way maybe the more is true I don't know
OK I'll go hide now

Bevs: we are out by the Glen
Who knows... he was always pulling my leg anyway.

I just UK googled Swamp Donkey and loads came up about a Hockey team from Holbrook.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 8:00 am
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Off2NZ
I'm here, as you know from the other thread! Originally from Soham and now living near Nelson! Am up for a get together if it's possible but I think we may find that we're spread about a bit. So far, of the 3 of us who have owned up, Sarah's in Auckland, I'm here and you're further south, aren't you? I guess, if nothing else, we can all chat on here and reminisce about the fens, can't we!!!

I can back you up on the Fen Tiger name though!!!
Well I am also in Nelson and have roots in Fenland. Originally from Stoke but parents moved to Cambridge when I was a kid and then moved to Sutton about 10 years ago. So I know the Ely area pretty well.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 6:04 am
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice part of the world... my parents live in KL and when I go up to visit them from Ely I have the choice to continue up the A10 or divert through Queen Adelaide, the latter is quite a bumpy ride! Funny how north Norfolk is quite hilly though, I imagined it would have been flat too