buying furniture

Old Mar 26th 2009, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

Riverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud of
Question buying furniture

T'other half has got her heart set on some new cupboards...do we buy here and ship it/them or wait until we get there?
Nick
Old Mar 27th 2009, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: buying furniture

Originally Posted by Riverside
T'other half has got her heart set on some new cupboards...do we buy here and ship it/them or wait until we get there?
Nick
I would buy them before you come, expensive out here and quality not good
Old Mar 27th 2009, 9:23 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on what you want. If you're not looking for high grade timber then it makes sense to bring them with you but if you do want high quality stuff there's some fantastic bargains around at the moment.

By the way, is French style furniture big over there now? I've seen quite a lot advertised here recently - all white - and absolutely gorgeous.
Old Mar 27th 2009, 9:40 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Cupboards? Cupboards ? What sorta cupboards ?

I saw some wonderful furniture whilst back in the UK recently but there again I see lovely stuff here too. Different woods but equally lovely.

If it's about cost & you know what you like, then perhaps buy in the UK. If it's about matching a style to your new home , then perhaps wait until you're here. You will find choice abut but you will have to search it out.

Not much help was I

ps
Don't forget , many houses here come with built in wardrobes.
Old Mar 27th 2009, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

Riverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud of

cupboards with drawers is what I have been told!