Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Broadband availability?

Broadband availability?

Old Nov 30th 2006, 8:44 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Broadband availability?

We're Taupo bound, and just curious as to availability of broadband in rentals and private homes.
Need to know for webcam to Mother in Law for wifey.
Hope I'm not being dumb, but the Isle of Wight was a bit late getting it compared to many other places.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Broadband availability?

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
We're Taupo bound, and just curious as to availability of broadband in rentals and private homes.
Hope I'm not being dumb, but the Isle of Wight was a bit late getting it compared to many other places.
Don't know about Taupo but OK in Auckland, for imformation on the same subject we have just changed from xtra to telstra clear and its cheaper and quicker!!!
Old Nov 30th 2006, 9:03 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

You want to try here - we still can't get it!!!
Old Nov 30th 2006, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

look on the xtra.co.nz site
you can also get wireless broadband through a company called woosh (or whoosh..sp?), but i have heard bad reports about the speed of their connections..

dont have any first hand knowledge sorry
Old Dec 1st 2006, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

nickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by newkiwi
look on the xtra.co.nz site
you can also get wireless broadband through a company called woosh (or whoosh..sp?), but i have heard bad reports about the speed of their connections..

dont have any first hand knowledge sorry
Hi

We have just sorted Broadband out, been in NZ since August. For us, we couldv'e got broadband (possibly) in the rental we were in, but due to the distance from the exchange Telecom recommended something doing to the phone connection. Due to the house being a rental we were loathe to pay for stuff doing to a phone connection point that wasn't ours. so we stuck with dial up. Oh my god it's slow.

We have since moved to our own house, and broadband was available without any extra additions. This is probably due to it being a new house. Lots of companys offer braodband, with various offers coming and going. Dependent on the offers and your usage, different companies will suit different people.

Telecom do a quick check to see if you will be broadband compatible, but you have to put a phone number in. If you know someone's number in taupo you could try that.

Hope this is helpful

nick