Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

breadmaker recipes

breadmaker recipes

Old Sep 8th 2008, 10:37 pm
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute
Default breadmaker recipes

At long last I have a breadmaker, gave up waiting for a panasonic and have got a sunbeam. Does anyone have any good recipes for organic wholemeal, don't mind some white flour but not all. Or is there a good recipe book out there somewhere.
Thanks
Old Sep 8th 2008, 10:43 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: breadmaker recipes

ha ha I don't, but I know someone who got one, 2 months later its gathering dust in the cupboard
Old Sep 8th 2008, 10:45 pm
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
ha ha I don't, but I know someone who got one, 2 months later its gathering dust in the cupboard
Not me, brought it yesterday and made first loaf yesterday, just wasn't that happy with it.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold

Bought our breadmaker 4 months ago and have not bought a loaf since...Make a loaf nearly every day....We have up mixing our own recipe and now buy the ready make stuff by Edmonds (The Grain One). Its much better and rises lovely. If you can get your hands on some Hovis (From the UK shop) bread mixes they are awesome!!
Old Sep 9th 2008, 12:16 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

we make our own pretty much every couple of days in our one, its great.

here's a wholemeal recipe

Water 1.5 cups
skimmed milk powder 2tbsp
brown soft sugar 2tbsp
salt 1.5 teasp
sunflower oil 2 tbsp
strong wholemeal bread organic flour 3 1/8 cups
crushed vitamin c tablet!
dry active yeast 1 teasp
( setting on our breadmaker is 'wholemeal' )
Old Sep 9th 2008, 12:50 am
BE Enthusiast

janek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to behold

Get to your local Binn INN and buy a jar of that Bread Improver, about $4.20, its fab. 2 tsps in with the flour and presto!! will send my recipe in later today.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 1:39 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds great, now im tempted to get a breadmaker now
Old Sep 9th 2008, 10:40 pm
Stoke City fanatic

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
we make our own pretty much every couple of days in our one, its great.

here's a wholemeal recipe

Water 1.5 cups
skimmed milk powder 2tbsp
brown soft sugar 2tbsp
salt 1.5 teasp
sunflower oil 2 tbsp
strong wholemeal bread organic flour 3 1/8 cups
crushed vitamin c tablet!
dry active yeast 1 teasp
( setting on our breadmaker is 'wholemeal' )
Will give this a go thanx. Second loaf much better using oil, lemon juice and honey. Really enjoying making the bread too as we have never really found a great loaf here.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 7:30 am
Just Joined

nzewe is an unknown quantity at this point

I've used my breadmaker most days since I bought it. Well pleased with the results. One hiccup though was that the recipe book that came with it was Australian and the Aussie tablespoon is 20 mls not 15 like UK and NZ. Since I realised this and altered the amount the bread has been ok.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

janek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to behold

This is for a light wholemeal loaf, I love it but may be too light for you, anyhow.
it comes from a book entitled BREAD MACHINE by Jennie Shapter.
See what you think;

350 ml water
350 wholemeal bread flour
150 strong white bread flour
10ml/2 tsp salt
10ml granulated sugar
25g/2 tbsp butter
7.5ml/1 1/2 tsp easy-blend granulated yeast

This book always says to put the water in first however I follow the instructions of my machine which says yeast and dry ingredients first.

Mine is a Panasonic so I use Setting: basic size:med This take 4 hours.

I usually do about 2 a week, I have not gone in for the pre mixed packets in the shop, only because I can't see the value in them, and because I don't go in for organic... I buy Binn Inns 7 grain mix sometimes [ which I am pretty sure is not organic], remove about 4 tbsps of the wholemeal flour and replace it with 4 tbsps of 7 grain mix.

I always use 2tsp of the Binn Inn Bread Improver; but you may not like it as I notice you want an organic loaf and I could not be sure about the organic status of the the ingredients in it. If they were organic I am sure it would say, and it dosn't. As you live in Nelson you have probably been into the shop, if not it is well worth a look and the bloke in there is helpful I find.

I also find that using tepid water, not cold, to be helpful, and make sure the salt is not near the sugar in the pan and that the yeast is well away from everything as well.