Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Booking a flight with one days notice

Booking a flight with one days notice

Old Apr 13th 2009, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

terrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to all
Default Booking a flight with one days notice

Can anyone tell me how I can book a flight to the UK within one day of travel.
I have to attend my fathers funeral but I dont know what date it will be yet, we think it might be Monday next week but until the coroner releases the death cert we dont know. (Problem with bank holidays)
Sounds bad but I cant spend to much time in the UK as I have lots of other things going on.
Thanks
Old Apr 13th 2009, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Booking a flight with one days notice

Try your local travel agent, sorry to hear your news.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 9:36 pm
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry about the bad news...

As sad as it sounds, I did look into this myself thinking "What if..., What if..." From what I recall, you can book flight very close to departure & lately flights are not so full so you should be ok on the $ side of it too!

Hope this helps,
Old Apr 13th 2009, 9:47 pm
Chocoholic

Yummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to all

Sorry to hear of your loss.

My parents had to book an urgent flight from the UK to South Africa a few years ago. They called the airlines themselves (KLM and SAA) and were able to get a flight the next day.

They were transferred to an agent at the local airport who booked it all and they had to pick their tickets up from the desk at the airport.

So it may be best to call Air NZ or whoever you prefer to fly with and tell them your situation, they are usually really helpful and will get something sorted for you.

Good Luck
Old Apr 13th 2009, 9:49 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by terrier2
Can anyone tell me how I can book a flight to the UK within one day of travel.
I have to attend my fathers funeral but I dont know what date it will be yet, we think it might be Monday next week but until the coroner releases the death cert we dont know. (Problem with bank holidays)
Sounds bad but I cant spend to much time in the UK as I have lots of other things going on.
Thanks

Sorry to hear your news terrier2

Try contact either Air New Zealand directly 0800 737 000 or Emirates on 0508 364 728 and ask about bereavment flights.

Not sure now, but they used to give you a discount on your ticket

Best of Luck
Old Apr 14th 2009, 5:34 am
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by P2L
Sorry to hear your news terrier2

Try contact either Air New Zealand directly 0800 737 000 or Emirates on 0508 364 728 and ask about bereavment flights.

Not sure now, but they used to give you a discount on your ticket

Best of Luck
Yep, ring airlines direct - forget travel agents and the such. We had to do something similar last year and flying a day later saved almost half the ticket fare - if you can check it out
Old Apr 14th 2009, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear your sad news