Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Bon Jovi - Christchurch

Bon Jovi - Christchurch

Old Jan 28th 2008, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Stef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud of
Smile Bon Jovi - Christchurch

Hello everyone,

I can't sleep so a little bit of a random thread here, but did anyone go and see Bon Jovi on Sunday night in Christchurch? Only been in NZ a month and already have my first concert in!!!! Nice to know the big names don't miss the Southern Hemisphere!!! Had a really good night!

Stef
Old Jan 28th 2008, 4:28 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bon Jovi - Christchurch

Originally Posted by Stef_Paul
Hello everyone,

I can't sleep so a little bit of a random thread here, but did anyone go and see Bon Jovi on Sunday night in Christchurch? Only been in NZ a month and already have my first concert in!!!! Nice to know the big names don't miss the Southern Hemisphere!!! Had a really good night!

Stef
Rob Clubley and his wife went, lucky sods... not sure when they get back though.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 7:53 pm
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

How loud was that concert?! We didn't go but live around 2kms away from the stadium and could hear it all word for word - and it sounded great. A few mates here from work went and they said it was absolutely brilliant.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Stef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
How loud was that concert?! We didn't go but live around 2kms away from the stadium and could hear it all word for word - and it sounded great. A few mates here from work went and they said it was absolutely brilliant.
Oh yes, it was really good We are really glad that we went, with it being a Sunday night and my hubby having to get up at 6.00am after the drive back to Timaru we weren't going to go. It was worth it though, he did well over 2 hours as I am sure you heard!!! You should have got the barby going and chillied out on the garden with a few beers LOL.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 9:20 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, big bands don’t always skip NZ but what made it different is they didn’t come at the end of their tour and therefore suffering from exhaustion or other illnesses which tends to happen to the popettes who come.

A workmate went to the concert. She rang me at 11:30pm that night to say how great it was. Yeah, so was my sleep.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 9:30 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

Was it at Jade perchance ?
Old Jan 28th 2008, 10:26 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yotty
Was it at Jade perchance ?
Its called the AMI Stadium now
Old Jan 28th 2008, 10:35 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

They didn't revert to Lancaster Park then ?
Old Jan 29th 2008, 2:31 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes!
It was an awesome gig. A great set with a good selection of old and new stuff.
I wish I'd ignored the rules and taken my camera because security didn't bother about anyone else taking photos.

And did I mention we were on the FRONT ROW!!

About 3m from the speaker stacks and about 6m from Richie Sambora

Brilliant!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 2:37 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RobClubley
Oh yes!

...... about 6m from Richie Sambora
That would keep the kids off the fire...