Advice needed for recci

Advice needed for recci

Old Jan 25th 2008, 10:47 am
sbd
Just Joined

sbd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice needed for recci

Hi all

I am busy planning my route for a recci we have booked in April.

We are planning to head to Matamata from Auckland.

Can anyone recommend somewhere to stay 1 hour max from Auckland airport on the way to Matamata

Thanks
Old Jan 26th 2008, 3:19 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice needed for recci

Is this so you can work at the airport?
You'll probably spend half of your hour in traffic to and from the motorway during commuting time, and the other half actually on the motorway heading south.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 3:34 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve View Post
Is this so you can work at the airport?
You'll probably spend half of your hour in traffic to and from the motorway during commuting time, and the other half actually on the motorway heading south.
not if they're arriving from LAX on that really early flight - 0530 arrival as I recall (feel sleepy just remembering it!)
you look for something in/around Papakura or Pukekohe? - not much there according to Zenbu (nify site eh?):
http://www.zenbu.co.nz/search/findne...tel&l=pukekohe
you might be better just crashing out at an airport hotel as after the 24hr flight you will be knackered - we took a day's rest before getting our hire car, got the shuttle from the airport to a Top10 (sadly no longer a Top10 though and sadly for you well north!!)......I digress
Old Jan 26th 2008, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sbd View Post
Hi all

I am busy planning my route for a recci we have booked in April.

We are planning to head to Matamata from Auckland.

Can anyone recommend somewhere to stay 1 hour max from Auckland airport on the way to Matamata

Thanks

If you've never been here before, I'd recommend you staying at least a night in Auckland and having a wonder around - although the architecture is pants it is a lovely city geographically.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 7:39 pm
sbd
Just Joined

sbd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lardyl View Post

not if they're arriving from LAX on that really early flight - 0530 arrival as I recall (feel sleepy just remembering it!)
you look for something in/around Papakura or Pukekohe? - not much there according to Zenbu (nify site eh?):
http://www.zenbu.co.nz/search/findne...tel&l=pukekohe
you might be better just crashing out at an airport hotel as after the 24hr flight you will be knackered - we took a day's rest before getting our hire car, got the shuttle from the airport to a Top10 (sadly no longer a Top10 though and sadly for you well north!!)......I digress
Hi all

Thanks for help.

We are basically flying into Auckland and just wanting somewhere to kip for
the night.

Don't want to stay in Auckland as we really aren't city people.

Decided on a nice looking motel in Pukekohe

As an aside we are travelling round staying in a couple of Bach's. They don't provide linen.

Would it make sense to bring some linen or buy some in NZ just for the holiday? How expensive is it to get sleeping bags or sheets and quilt cover. And where would we get them?

I realise this probably sounds like a daft question but I am a worrier

Thanks again
Old Jan 28th 2008, 7:51 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Hi all

Thanks for help.

the night.

As an aside we are travelling round staying in a couple of Bach's. They don't provide linen.

Would it make sense to bring some linen or buy some in NZ just for the holiday? How expensive is it to get sleeping bags or sheets and quilt cover. And where would we get them?

Thanks again
Reasonable quality bed linen is expensive here. If you are just looking for cheap stuff to see you through your recce then you may want to consider Arbuckles, the Warehouse or Kmart. These shops are just about everywhere so don't worry about that.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 8:49 pm

SavBlancGal is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

Thanks for help.

the night.

Thanks again
Not sure if you needed linen before you get to Matamata, which has very limited shopping. They do have The Warehouse and Farmers (a small department store).

Pukekohe has The Warehouse and Briscoes.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 3:48 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Email the bach's and ask them if they will hire linen out to you. You may be happily surprised.