Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The big flight dilemma

The big flight dilemma

Old Sep 13th 2007, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

New wellies will become famous soon enoughNew wellies will become famous soon enough
Default The big flight dilemma

Questions, questions, questions. You may all get sick of us very soon.
Has anyone got an opinion on wether we would be better going economy & getting us all a seat (2 adults travelling with a 4 year old & 7 month old) or breaking the bank & going for business class & risking not getting a basinette?

Really confused about just about everything but very excited that January is close & we can start our new life.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The big flight dilemma

hi jacky g here

we flew premium economy from heathrow to lax......abs fantastic....well worth it....then flew economy from lax to nz....actually surprised that was ok.......

if you can afford to push the boat out i would go premium economy....don't think kids get to go business class...
Old Sep 13th 2007, 9:37 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by New wellies
Questions, questions, questions. You may all get sick of us very soon.
Has anyone got an opinion on wether we would be better going economy & getting us all a seat (2 adults travelling with a 4 year old & 7 month old) or breaking the bank & going for business class & risking not getting a basinette?

Really confused about just about everything but very excited that January is close & we can start our new life.
Save your money for the ground unless you have lots of it to spend in the air. When you book your tickets explain your requirements. You should get what you need. We've flown about half-a-dozen trans-Pacific flights when my daughter was an infant and we were always accommodated nicely except for one flight on Northwest Airlines which is staffed by hatchet faced old harridans. The rest of the times we flew on Asian airlines and they were all brilliant.
Top tip, avoid airlines that are American run. They suck big green donkey wazoos!
Old Sep 13th 2007, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

New wellies will become famous soon enoughNew wellies will become famous soon enough

Am getting the idea we should save the precious readies, fly with an asian airline & avoid all things donkey/harridan! Is it possible/bad parenting to send the kids on a separate plane with that super nanny bint do you think? (I'm sure she'd make several charts still not manage to get my 4 year old to comply!)
Old Sep 13th 2007, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Am getting the idea we should save the precious readies, fly with an asian airline & avoid all things donkey/harridan! Is it possible/bad parenting to send the kids on a separate plane with that super nanny bint do you think? (I'm sure she'd make several charts still not manage to get my 4 year old to comply!)
you would be surprised....we have a 6 year old that can't sit still for 2 minutes,constantly bored ,and generally drives us mad....sometimes....

he was as good as gold on plane....air new zealand were fantastic.....
once he got hold of the tv controls,with games console, we hardly heard a peep from him...

he was buzzing the stewardesses himself by the end of the flight and asking for drinks and snacks.....they were great with him....
the thought of taking the kids on that length of flight is actually worse than the reality....

and to be honest your more critical of your own kids than someone else is...
people make allowances for kids,its a long time for them.....gl
jacky
Old Sep 13th 2007, 9:57 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Am getting the idea we should save the precious readies, fly with an asian airline & avoid all things donkey/harridan!

Is it possible/bad parenting to send the kids on a separate plane with that super nanny bint do you think? (I'm sure she'd make several charts still not manage to get my 4 year old to comply!)
Dunno, maybe.

Go with Singapore, Malaysian, Thai, Korean or maybe even Royal Brunei. I've not had any problems with these airlines.

Good luck. Hauling kids to the other side of the planet is a big deal and some day your kids will owe you big time.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Love-that is spot on. We had a 9,8 and 2 yr old when we first came,flew economy and it was fine. If your kids are generally well behaved,you'll be fine. The flight attendants are well used to spoiled little b*stards causing mayhem,so yours'll be sound so save your money girl.