Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Beware and be warned...

Beware and be warned...

Old Jan 8th 2015, 8:08 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beware and be warned...

I looked at some of the comments yesterday and they're all "Yeah foreign drivers are crap, not used to our roads and conditions" etc etc.
IT'S NOT JUST THE FOREIGNERS!
Old Jan 8th 2015, 8:17 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobClubley
I looked at some of the comments yesterday and they're all "Yeah foreign drivers are crap, not used to our roads and conditions" etc etc.
+1
Old Jan 8th 2015, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if this *555 actually does work. I've called it twice reporting one idiot on State Highway 8 tailgating everyone and then going at least 140kmh when passed me

Then also reported the moron going at least 120kmh on a 50kmh and 70kmh stretch in Woodend.

Both were 4 by 4 cars

Both were definitely not tourist drivers

But of course that wont suit the agenda. After all, Kiwi drivers are gods gift and never do anything wrong. It's the tourists that can't indicate, it's the tourists that can't merge correctly, it's the tourists that think 140kmh in wet weather is a perfectly safe speed to travel on, it's the tourists that turn when the green man is highlighted allowing pedestrians to cross, it's the tourists that think we can go across a rail crossing or park on a rail crossing when the lights are flashing, it's the tourists this, tourists that

Fancy all those Australians coming over here after a short flight and getting into a car. Disgraceful, should be banned or prevented from driving in New Zealand for at least 24 hours

Perhaps these idiots that bash the tourists should go to London, Los Angeles, Paris or Orlando and see the crash rates for those getting into rental cars after a long flight.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 8:45 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I've used Community Roadwatch to make a report & I did receive a response by phone to state that the driver had been spoken to .
Old Jan 8th 2015, 8:54 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of mine reported a dangerous tailgating driver a while back on SH1 on the Kapiti Coast and received a call from the police later that night to say they had found the car a few km up the coast, pulled it over and found the driver had 3x the alcohol limit and.

So they do take *555 seriously.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 9:08 pm
`

As an aside . Can some of you look at this and my posts please in this thread & correct anything.

I'm not sure I have the system quite right ref. NZ uninsured drivers.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Baz036 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
As an aside . Can some of you look at this and my posts please in this thread & correct anything.

I'm not sure I have the system quite right ref. NZ uninsured drivers.
Done - you were pretty much on the money.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

Baz036 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RobClubley

Very true. General state of kiwi driving is not that good - way too much bravado, impatience and competitiveness.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 10:29 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Beware and be warned...

Originally Posted by Baz036
Very true. General state of kiwi driving is not that good - way too much bravado, impatience and competitiveness.
It's hardly my place to criticise.

Maybe there would be fewer accidents if they designed a pie packet you could open with one hand rather than the traditional knees under the wheel while spilling lava hot melting cheese down your t-shirt arrangement.

Of course soon the driverless car will render our thoughless musings obsolete so lets enjoy car billiards while we still have the chance.
Old Jan 9th 2015, 12:23 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tom H
........ definitely not tourist drivers

But of course that wont suit the agenda. After all, Kiwi drivers are gods gift and never do anything wrong. It's the tourists that can't indicate, it's the tourists that can't merge correctly, it's the tourists that think 140kmh in wet weather is a perfectly safe speed to travel on, it's the tourists that turn when the green man is highlighted allowing pedestrians to cross, it's the tourists that think we can go across a rail crossing or park on a rail crossing when the lights are flashing, it's the tourists this, tourists that

Fancy all those Australians coming over here after a short flight and getting into a car. Disgraceful, should be banned or prevented from driving in New Zealand for at least 24 hours

Perhaps these idiots that bash the tourists should go to London, Los Angeles, Paris or Orlando and see the crash rates for those getting into rental cars after a long flight.
Agree

The bit I have underlined is because I have witnessed a marked police patrol car do this whilst being driven by a uniformed police driver. I filled out a report to the local police. For no other reason than I didn't get the patrol car's number plate it is considered untraceable. Therefore nothing will get done.

Aren't the police supposed to be setting a good example to other drivers ?

I've also reported the ordinary car drivers for doing the same thing. What is it with these people ?
Old Jan 9th 2015, 12:34 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah but.....you might be one of them... Aren't we all better than average drivers.....some even think they are good drivers without any evidence.
Old Jan 9th 2015, 6:18 am
`

I see the argument here, however I will steadfastly adhere to my experience and knowledge over the past decade plus, that the local driving standards here from the home grown locals are so bad that it beggars belief.

That there is any sort of campaign to somehow shift blame to tourists is a complete and utter disgrace.

New Zealand . Wake Up.