Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Best way to Tauranga/Welcome Bay from Auckland??

Best way to Tauranga/Welcome Bay from Auckland??

Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:08 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best way to Tauranga/Welcome Bay from Auckland??

Hi all, got an early appointment in Welcome Bay on Tuesday.
Any ideas on the faster route heading south from Auckland - SH2 down the coast or 27, 24 and 29 over the Kaimai Mamaku Forest Park?
Any advice appreciated as I have to be there about 0930 and will soon be off to bed (in true Kiwi fashion!!), thanks LL
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:13 am
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best way to Tauranga/Welcome Bay from Auckland??

Originally Posted by lardyl
Any ideas on the faster route heading south from Auckland - SH2 down the coast or 27, 24 and 29 over the Kaimai Mamaku Forest Park?
Any advice appreciated as I have to be there about 0930 and will soon be off to bed (in true Kiwi fashion!!), thanks LL
no idea
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:14 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mazi
no idea
neither has my GPS, other than it disagrees with google maps......thanks anyway
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:17 am
Account Closed

neither has my GPS, other than it disagrees with google maps......thanks anyway
we always went there via the Kaimais but we weren't coming from Auckland
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:19 am
you dewty owld maan!

we always went there via the Kaimais but we weren't coming from Auckland
yeah, who'd want to?

suppose about 1.2mil JAFAs..........perhaps..........
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:26 am
Account Closed

yeah, who'd want to?

suppose about 1.2mil JAFAs..........perhaps..........
I can't believe you have so whole-heartedly taken on the 'JAFA' prejudice after such a short time in NZ. It's very depressing.

WHY?
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

We went via the 2. stopped in Paroa then through to Katikati and down the coast. Our friends suggested we use the 27 - A good road - when we returned to Auckland.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:29 am
Account Closed

I can't believe you have so whole-heartedly taken on the 'JAFA' prejudice after such a short time in NZ. It's very depressing.

WHY?
By the way, that wasn't supposed to be too harsh a comment, but I do find it depressing.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:29 am
you dewty owld maan!

WHY?
was joking and couldn't think of a short phrase to describe Aucklanders - perhaps "Aucklanders" would have done.......

But if I wasn't joking then that would be more fun I suppose.....???
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:30 am
you dewty owld maan!

By the way, that wasn't supposed to be too harsh a comment, but I do find it depressing.
no worries, I like Aucklanders in the main, its just the mad drivers that drive me mad............OMG I'm turning into one myself.......
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:32 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by helinuk
We went via the 2. stopped in Paroa then through to Katikati and down the coast. Our friends suggested we use the 27 - A good road - when we returned to Auckland.
thanks, will try 27 (google's route rather than Garmins....) - unless anyone can suggest otherwise.....
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:36 am
Account Closed

was joking and couldn't think of a short phrase to describe Aucklanders - perhaps "Aucklanders" would have done.......

But if I wasn't joking then that would be more fun I suppose.....???
That's ok, then - but why do you now want to butcher the language with shortened words?!
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:39 am
you dewty owld maan!

That's ok, then - but why do you now want to butcher the language with shortened words?!
just a kinda online thing to do, and I'm a bit thick and very tired at the moment!! nite nite.......
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Herm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant future

As far as I am concerned best, shortest, quickest route is SH2 via Ngatea, Paeroa, Waihi, Katikati and in to Tauranga. Depends exactly where in Auckland your leaving from but should only take 2 to 2 1/2 hours max.

Cheers
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:51 am
Account Closed

just a kinda online thing to do, and I'm a bit thick and very tired at the moment!! nite nite.......
Ah, that explains it...night

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.