Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

BEO 419000. how much room??

BEO 419000. how much room??

Old May 28th 2012, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

gina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of light
Default BEO 419000. how much room??

not posted for ages but regularly read and nosey
just wondering as we are looking to buy ( got outbid at last auction )
what would be the polite amount of negotiating room on 419000, the cv is 394000, it is a lovely house but the owners do need to sell as they have seen elsewhere, would 370000be way too low? what do you guys reckon?
any opinions valued greatly

Thanks
Old May 28th 2012, 9:54 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BEO 419000. how much room??

you have to work out your top price that you are prepared to offer, then offer lower and give them room to move. we went back and forth 5 times before we agreed on the price of CV. which was lucky as the mortgage valuation was only 2k above it.
370000 sounds reasonable, good luck keeps us informed

Just notice your in Wellington, where you looking at buying? we've just bought our first house in Pukerua Bay, move in early July
Old May 28th 2012, 10:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gina and danny
not posted for ages but regularly read and nosey
just wondering as we are looking to buy ( got outbid at last auction )
what would be the polite amount of negotiating room on 419000, the cv is 394000, it is a lovely house but the owners do need to sell as they have seen elsewhere, would 370000be way too low? what do you guys reckon?
any opinions valued greatly

Thanks
I would set the CV in your sights as your top price, unless some special reason why you would go to more than that. It will help support your case anyway when you put in first offer knowing full well that it won't be accepted and they'll likely counter at $419k and then you'll play silly games back and forth until you meet somewhere in the middle.
Old May 28th 2012, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks guys, have made me feel a little more confident now, we know the area well having lived here nearly 4 years now, but this buyiong a house malarky is soo confusing over here
Old May 29th 2012, 4:44 am
grumpy bugger

theghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gina and danny
Thanks guys, have made me feel a little more confident now, we know the area well having lived here nearly 4 years now, but this buyiong a house malarky is soo confusing over here
or you could do the stubborn northern approach.

offer $x, wait for counter offer. Tell the agent not to be silly and offer $x again.

a friend of mine did this 3 times and ended up getting the house.

Just depends on if you are buying with head or heart.

I just offered what i would pay and made it clear that was all i was going to offer. Worked for me.
Old May 29th 2012, 6:50 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by theghostofdustybin
o

I just offered what i would pay and made it clear that was all i was going to offer. Worked for me.
We did a couple of pretend to and fro's and then got fed up and stated what we would pay. That was it.