Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Banks...when did the rot set in?

Banks...when did the rot set in?

Old Oct 27th 2011, 2:58 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Banks...when did the rot set in?

My bank has taken to writing me letters addressing me by my first name, like I was some kind of an old school friend rather than a victim of their financial bum rape.

"Dear Mr. Banker,

"I’m not your friend. Address me properly and formally as “Mr. Charismatic”. I’m a client who pays for your services, you are basically financial whores but I still address you properly.

"Ungratefully,
<First name> Charismatic."

Similarly “Dear Valued Customer…” if I was really of any value to you you’d have recorded my name and the signature on the page would have been done by someone with a pen rather than a digital copy of that person’s signature.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Banks...when did the rot set in?

When I went on maternity leave and never went back ...about 12 years ago.
I couldn't believe how standardisation of processes to save costs de-personalised everything very quickly. Now as an expat, I dread moving house as even though I have been a customer for 35 years or so, they want copious documentation as proof and claim to have no record of my signature...every time they have claimed this.

I recently deposited some money with a new bank in UK IN PERSON AS AN EXPAT and all was going wonderfully but they have taken it into their heads that I live in Wellington UK not NZ. To get that corrected even though it is their error, they want copious documentation, blood group etc....it drives me mad.

You can still get a better service with most banks if you want to pay their monthly fees (I do not).

First names wouldn't bother me though.....personally signed letters went out before I left so you really are hoping there lol.

Last edited by luvwelly; Oct 27th 2011 at 4:58 am.