Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Has anyone had this happen?

Has anyone had this happen?

Old Oct 14th 2011, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

johneastriggs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Has anyone had this happen?

Hi folks,Case officer is not happy with my supplied NZ Police check from The Ministry of Justice in Wellington and CO says they need to request a Police check from The Ministry of Justice in Wellington.
Has this happened to anyone?

My application to London was watertight and call me cynical but I believe these are stalling tactics to slow down the procedure as my PR would have went through too quickly and therefor setting a benchmark.CO has now ceased to reply to my correspondance and I am now in jeapordy of losing my job offer.By the way they have taken the £1090 and my meds of £500 are paid.I will call my "possible" future employer and try and buy some time.

Any response greatly received
Thanks in adavance
Old Oct 14th 2011, 11:00 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone had this happen?

I had one for work a few weeks ago, and it literally took mere days.
I had the option to request a copy of the results be sent to me too......which is nice
Old Oct 16th 2011, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

why would they use stalling tactics ???
I know people who have gone from EOI to living here in 8 weeks, do you think
you are really that special that they singled you out
Old Oct 16th 2011, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Just Just Col,no you picked me up wrong.I am not special at all,I juat got the feeling from the CO tahats all.One minute they said I hadnt supplied Police checks and a day later they said they wanted additional done as well as the ones they had from me.I also read from MoJ that the indiviual has to consent to 3rd part requests but I guess NZIS are not 3rd party.It will all work out and have spoke to future employer who seems to be happy to wait a few weeks more.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 11:56 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

I don't follow, have you lived in NZ before so needed a NZ Police Check? If so was the supplied Police check in date?

Must admit I thought NZIS always went direct for NZ Police Checks so it may just be that. The website does indicate that they do request NZ checks directly.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Simonsi,
Thanks for the reply,yes we lived in NZ 2003-04 and we have supplied NZ police checks from last month so are well in date.The CO said that although I have supplied the correct Police checks, they still needed to request there own ones for me and my wife.This is the only outstanding thing on my application so it,s holding it up a bit as the CO said it could take weeks or months for them to come through.I have a job offer "at the moment" so getting a bit nervous now.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 5:17 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by johneastriggs
Hi folks,Case officer is not happy with my supplied NZ Police check from The Ministry of Justice in Wellington and CO says they need to request a Police check from The Ministry of Justice in Wellington.
Has this happened to anyone?

My application to London was watertight and call me cynical but I believe these are stalling tactics to slow down the procedure as my PR would have went through too quickly and therefor setting a benchmark.CO has now ceased to reply to my correspondance and I am now in jeapordy of losing my job offer.By the way they have taken the £1090 and my meds of £500 are paid.I will call my "possible" future employer and try and buy some time.

Any response greatly received
Thanks in adavance

Hi there.
There is no stall tactic. This is standard procedure for everyone ref the NZ police certificate. NZIS apply direct on your behalf.

Specific procedure for New Zealand

Immigration New Zealand will apply for a certificate on your behalf.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Bevs thanks yeah I heard they take some time even though I got mine posted from Wellington within 1 week of applying.Seems to be taking longer for NZIS to get them though.They were requested 12th October.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 10:42 pm
`

Annoying but typical really I feel.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Still waiting....Once NZIS get these checks we should be on our way but 2 weeks wait so far for these checks and no sign.CO has no info neither does the department that are doing them which is very worrying.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 9:52 pm
`

Yes. I agree. That is slow. someone, somewhere needs to chase up these checks. Can your prospective employer put a bit of pressure on the NZIS CO to chivvy up some action.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

Hi Bevs yeah my employer is a member of the Chamber of Commerce in Blenheim and is going to speak to someone in Immigration at that end.I have since managed to find out that the checks NZIS in London are doing are to the Police Licensing and Vetting {Wellie 04 474 9499}
So I called them and they could not confirm nor deny that there are further checks being done by NZIS London and could not disclose how long they usually take.They would not even tell me if we are in the system or being processed at all and just kept saying that they could not comment and I need to speak to my CO.
My CO is tired of me emailing her and keeps saying she will "let me know" if she hears anything.
So I guess I will just have to wait and hope they are being done and that my future employer is prepared to wait on me.
Once I get these checks it will be all systems go.Just needing that final tick box.