Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Bands from the 80`s

Bands from the 80`s

Old Jul 24th 2007, 2:31 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Bands from the 80`s

Originally Posted by kwprwn
as someone beat me to ABC

how about Dollar, I think I shipped one of their albums to NZ
Did you see Dollar try to make a comeback on a UK TV series?

I was embarrassed for them. Mirror Mirror
Old Jul 24th 2007, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

dash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ash1
Inspired by Dash1965 , I thought I would start a new thread to bring back memories of the 80`s. The bands/ groups and the fashions. So here goes with "A flock of Seagulls" and I think it was called "a photograph of you"
I also have to admit that for a very short period I did wear leg warmers.
Gotta go before I admit to anything else.
Cheers
Ash
Orange Juice - Rip it up
The Assembly - Never Never (One hit wonder Vince Clarke and Fergal Sharkey)
The Associates - Party Fears Two
Japan - Life in Parties
Visage - Fade to Grey
Ultravox - Vienna
Five Star (whatever happened to them?)
New Order
Joy Division

Oh.. so many memories
Old Jul 24th 2007, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Did you see Dollar try to make a comeback on a UK TV series?

I was embarrassed for them. Mirror Mirror
No I missed that (thank god)

Bon Jovi - you give love a bad name
Old Jul 24th 2007, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dazal
Why?
cus I am sad and didnt like to throw it away...I dont even have a record player

<---- also has a muppet show album
Old Jul 24th 2007, 2:40 am
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of

Some of these started in the 70s but these were my favourites at the time: The Clash (the late great Joe Strummer), Stiff Little Fingers, Souixie & The Banshees, U2, The Police. The very wonderful Peter Gabriel, Def Leppard, The Boomtown Rats, The Jam. Some of my first loves here.

Turning Japanese by the Vapours was also a favourite.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 2:41 am
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kwprwn
cus I am sad and didnt like to throw it away...I dont even have a record player

<---- also has a muppet show album
You sure you want to own up to this?
Old Jul 24th 2007, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dazal
You sure you want to own up to this?
I have no shame
Old Jul 24th 2007, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

minky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really nice

Depeche Mode Level 42 Ultravox Human League The Damned Squeeze Kraftwerk omd.
First concert at 13 Boomtown Rats Brighton those were the days
Simple Minds saw them last year still as good as back then

Last edited by minky; Jul 24th 2007 at 2:45 am. Reason: spelling
Old Jul 24th 2007, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

anyone remember jimmy the hoover,fantastic
Old Jul 24th 2007, 3:17 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

My brother still goes to watch the Dammned whenever and wherever he can, they must be sick of the sight of him. I wonder if they scan the crowd and say, "Oh, I wonder where Pete is, he's not in tonight...I hope nothing's happened to him!"
Old Jul 24th 2007, 3:57 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Kid Creole & the Coconuts
Yazoo - Alison Moyet has the best voice in the world IMO
Joy Division
Sham69
Papa's got a brand new pigbag........

God I had some extreme tastes!!

I reckon it was the best era ever as far as British Music was concerned.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 3:58 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

We found a box of singles & albums the other day when we were unpacking, our kids didn't know what they were
Old Jul 24th 2007, 4:01 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Toyah. She was quite good.

It's a mystery...oh it's a mystery
Old Jul 24th 2007, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

dash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud of

Does anyone remember:

Blue Ronda a La Turk - Klaktoveseteen (poor spelling) I've got the 12" re-mix but I don't have a turntable anymore
Old Jul 24th 2007, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

krissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by karonious
The teardrop explodes - Reward.
Julian Cope was odd even for the 80's though
forgot all about julian cope.... loved Japan, oh, and Echo and the Bunnymen!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.