Back pain

Old Jan 4th 2007, 9:25 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Back pain

Not really migration relevant but I have been suffering from the most awful back pain for about seven weeks now and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.
Any suggestions for curing it? ....
When I sit down it gets worse but only really hurts when I try to stand up or bend over. I've had sciatica and I know it's not that so am a bit worried that it hasn't gone away after all these weeks .. and I've stayed very mobile chopping wood etc.
Old Jan 4th 2007, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back pain

Have you talked to your doctor about it? Best to get it checked out.
Old Jan 4th 2007, 9:34 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahB
Have you talked to your doctor about it? Best to get it checked out.
I have and she just said take painkillers but I've been doing that for wks and it just is getting to the stage where I can't turn over in bed. I'm obviously going to have fallen over the dog or something soon for them to take notice
Old Jan 4th 2007, 9:36 am
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute

You havent trapped a nerve ?
Old Jan 4th 2007, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light

Could be you need a new bed.
Soft beds make my back ache

Kip
Old Jan 4th 2007, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

You need to go back and see the doctor again. Other than that I've found the best way to heal backache for me was to rest it. Check your bed, check your posture, check how you lift things. If I were you though I'd go back to the docs...or see a different doc.
Old Jan 4th 2007, 10:40 am
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

Think you need to go back to the GP & ask for a physio referral. Whilst some rest may help, you do need to exercise it. But they have to be the right exercises which a physio can give you once you've been assessed. Do you swim? I find that helps my bad back.
Hope you get it sorted soon.
Old Jan 4th 2007, 1:57 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

My hubby has had muscle spasms in his back for years. His doc said not to "waste time" on a chiropractor, but when he twinged his back really badly on hols in England, we took him to a chiro, and he was sorted out in 3 visits in 3 days.

Every now and then he gets a twinge, but it's job-related. Certainly nothing close to what he used to suffer!

Good luck!
Old Jan 4th 2007, 2:43 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Hi
Just popping in from Spain, it sounds very much like a trapped nerve something I have suffered from on a regular basis for the last 40 years. It will not heal whilst there is inflammation around the area, try applying hot and cold compress to it. Find your self a bag of frozen peas and wrap it in a tea towel the apply to the painful area for about 30 mins, after this apply a hot compress to the area, for the same amount of time. You will need to do this frequently during the day, it will not work immediately but after a week or maybe two you should feel the difference. Mean while some gentle stretching exercise, no lifting heavy objects, keep taking the painkillers. and rest up as much as you can. The best hot pad I have is one I bought in NZ mad of possum fur, it is filled with dried wheat and beans, just pop it in the microwave and then pop it down the back of your trousers, works wonders.

Hope you feel better soon, regards from Spain
Old Jan 4th 2007, 3:07 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Just remembered, aroma therapy massage will also be good, you don't have to pay out megga money for it, just buy your self some base oil and then a couple of good oils all the following are good for pain and inflammation Black Pepper, Lavender, Chamomile roman, Sage, Clary Sage, Basil, Marjoram and Neroli. I personally use Black Pepper, Chamomile and Marjoram, what you can do is but a small bottle of base massage oil then add about 8 - 10 drops from two or three of the above oils give the bottle a gentle shake and then you have it ready for whenever you need it, give the effected area a gentle rub twice a day after you have soaked in a hot bath for a while.
Old Jan 4th 2007, 5:28 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Go see the chiropractor.
I was in pain to the extent that I thought I had testicular cancer, the pain was spreading that far.
Turned out that I had twisted my pelvis, three visits, sorted.
It's black magic, but worth the cost.
Old Jan 4th 2007, 6:02 pm
sky
Banned

Thanks for all the advice guys