Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Australian branch slagging NZ

Australian branch slagging NZ

Old Jul 13th 2007, 12:20 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Australian branch slagging NZ

Most of it's not scrapping. Its good ole British UK humour.

The Ozzies and the Kiwis are always taking a punt at each other. They can't seem to leave it alone.

Having lived in Akl for a year then ChCh for 2 IMHO Brisbane is far better for us,
I believe that it is. You gave NZ 3 years & it simply didn't suit you. Can't say fairer than that.

as Bevs knows we only live 40 mins from the Gold Coast and I have a fridge full of different beers
Not the ole my beer fridge is bigger than your beer fridge
Old Jul 13th 2007, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

That's exactly why I am laffing. Even a dumb Kiwi catches on to pommy humour after sleeping with one for 33 years
Old Jul 13th 2007, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bellasmum

That's exactly why I am laffing. Even a dumb Kiwi catches on to pommy humour after sleeping with one for 33 years
Hi guys

Out of interest, dont kiwis get UK humour. When I was there they seemed to get it alot more than Ozzies, twas v refreshing.
x
Old Jul 13th 2007, 12:31 am
`

Originally Posted by Bellasmum

after sleeping with one for 33 years
too much information...
Old Jul 13th 2007, 12:36 am
`

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Hi guys

Out of interest, dont kiwis get UK humour. When I was there they seemed to get it alot more than Ozzies, twas v refreshing.
x
I'd say that in the main ..................No

They have a different sense of what is funny.

Don't Ozzies get UK humour then?

I don't get the American humour you see so much of on Nz TV.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS here
I'd say that in the main ..................No

They have a different sense of what is funny.

Don't Ozzies get UK humour then?

I don't get the American humour you see so much of on Nz TV.
Shame.
Here too they have a different sense of whats funny, seems quite basic, not the most quick witted, not everyone of course but a large proportion. Its really easy to insult people without meaning to & for quips to go straight over peoples heads.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 1:25 am
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of

Shame.
Here too they have a different sense of whats funny, seems quite basic, not the most quick witted, not everyone of course but a large proportion. Its really easy to insult people without meaning to & for quips to go straight over peoples heads.
Had that soooo many times. It's a cultural thing. All my best mates are brits cos we can get the banter going...
Old Jul 13th 2007, 9:33 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mingusdynasty
Had that soooo many times. It's a cultural thing. All my best mates are brits cos we can get the banter going...
yeah, ruddy Kiwis can't even pronounce "banter"..............

/extracts tounge from cheek/
Old Jul 13th 2007, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

You're lucky.
It was especially bad in Sydney. Its funny, its something you so take for granted isnt it, bit of banter, humour etc....here people seem so bloody sensitive & touchy or just do not understand quips, I realized the other day, over time, I've kind of stopped trying to have the banter, not good at all....
Old Jul 13th 2007, 10:03 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS here

Not the ole my beer fridge is bigger than your beer fridge
That really made me laugh, because I originally read it as an invitation of sorts from Ian to join him for a drink in Brisbane as he has such a well stocked beer fridge!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 10:06 am
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of

You're lucky.
It was especially bad in Sydney. Its funny, its something you so take for granted isnt it, bit of banter, humour etc....here people seem so bloody sensitive & touchy or just do not understand quips, I realized the other day, over time, I've kind of stopped trying to have the banter, not good at all....
Agreed - sometimes I censor myself. Quite often.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 10:16 am

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed - sometimes I censor myself. Quite often.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi
That really made me laugh, because I originally read it as an invitation of sorts from Ian to join him for a drink in Brisbane as he has such a well stocked beer fridge!
Have I and a gaurd dog, but what you don't know it me mate Bev's met me off the plane with a crate of flame, I will return the favour one day!!!You have sussed the fridge is outside

Old Jul 13th 2007, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
[SIZE="6"]Have I
Beer fridge looks GREAT - and you are obviously very proud of it too. Your 'baby'?
Old Jul 13th 2007, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi
Beer fridge looks GREAT - and you are obviously very proud of it too. Your 'baby'?
We can't afford to run two fridges that big.

Aussies and Kiwis don't like our humour because on the whole,they don't overly like us. It's hard to find humour in people who you are in competition with-sport,jobs,quality of life.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.