Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Australia or New Zealand?

Australia or New Zealand?

Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

chris@insurance is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mark,

I think I would agree with several of those who have already posted in saying you should consider an extended holiday with your family to "recce" BOTH NZ and OZ and further explore the specific places that appeal to your family, yourself, and the lifestyle you envision.

All I can say is that in our experience, after 3 years in Christchurch, NZ my partner and I couldn't be happier. By the way, contrary to what you may have heard about NZ weather, our summer has been fantastic......we're experiencing 6 weeks of nearly constant sunny weather averaging about 23-25 degrees.

We were/are in a similiar situation financially and I purchased several businesses here on the South Island(fortunately for us, negating the most frequently listed financial concerns posted here on the site). Compared to the US, I've found the business environment here in NZ to be more conducive to getting things done....less "friction" and more entrepreneurial.

If you have any further questions, feel free to email or PM.

Cheers...