Aus to NZ

Old Mar 1st 2011, 12:30 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Aus to NZ

Hello to all,
After 5 years living in Aus (from UK) we have finally made the decision to move to NZ. As much as I enjoy Aus there are quite a few environmental factors that cause much discomfort for instance being eaten alive by mozzies from the day I arrived and no matter what I try nothing works. The heat of Perth is just draining and this year especially has taken its toll and we have just had enough. I am a horse owner and this alone brings its list of issues (horse coming with us plus 2 dogs and one cat ). One kid doesnt mind it here but wants to go to NZ anyway, other hates it and can not wait to get out. OH after visiting NZ has now decided that he would like to give it a go (certainly not a rushed choice ) .... so its a done deal, well once we sell the house)
YAY, I am so excited
Old Mar 1st 2011, 2:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aus to NZ

Originally Posted by sel
Hello to all,
After 5 years living in Aus (from UK) we have finally made the decision to move to NZ. As much as I enjoy Aus there are quite a few environmental factors that cause much discomfort for instance being eaten alive by mozzies from the day I arrived and no matter what I try nothing works. The heat of Perth is just draining and this year especially has taken its toll and we have just had enough. I am a horse owner and this alone brings its list of issues (horse coming with us plus 2 dogs and one cat ). One kid doesnt mind it here but wants to go to NZ anyway, other hates it and can not wait to get out. OH after visiting NZ has now decided that he would like to give it a go (certainly not a rushed choice ) .... so its a done deal, well once we sell the house)
YAY, I am so excited
Hello & welcome to our small but perfectly formed NZ forum. Have you any ideas whereabouts in NZ you would to live?

Good luck with all your plans
Old Mar 1st 2011, 3:42 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Hello & welcome to our small but perfectly formed NZ forum. Have you any ideas whereabouts in NZ you would to live?

Good luck with all your plans
Hello and thanks for the welcome

We will be heading to North Island Masterton / Carterton area. OH will be job hunting in Wellington CBD.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 4:54 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sel
Hello and thanks for the welcome

We will be heading to North Island Masterton / Carterton area. OH will be job hunting in Wellington CBD.
Welcome to the bright side!

I was speaking to a friend in Perth yesterday and they said it had been something like 40 days where the temperature hadn't dropped below 30 degrees and 20 at night? Phew!!
Old Mar 1st 2011, 5:23 am
sel
~~~

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Welcome to the bright side!

I was speaking to a friend in Perth yesterday and they said it had been something like 40 days where the temperature hadn't dropped below 30 degrees and 20 at night? Phew!!
Hi
Yeah its been like living in an oven !! in the paper it said they have officially recorded 59 days of on or above 30, the hottest and driest summer on record and its been so humid as well, I havnt sweated so much in my life
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 10:26 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sel
Hello to all,
YAY, I am so excited
A warm welcome from me too .....good luck with your plans to move across the pond can imagine how much you're looking forward to more bearable temps! happy posting
B