Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Roll Call - BE people of Xchurch if & when they or someone that knows them can update

Roll Call - BE people of Xchurch if & when they or someone that knows them can update

Old Feb 22nd 2011, 2:07 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Roll Call - BE people of Xchurch if & when they or someone that knows them can update

Persephone - has let us know she is OK
Matewx - Has let Am Loo know he is OK
Jan - works at Xchurch Uni - safe & OK
Neil - works at Lyttleton Port - safe & OK
Shirl - and family altogether and safe
Woodpigeon - they are okay (not in CC)
Joshlin - safe & OK
Tray - safe and OK
Wiz n Ton - safe and OK House damage again
Barbarella
Dustybin - OK and safe ( not sure if they still have a home)
Denise01292 - Ok and safe
Saoghalbeag - they are okay (moved back to oz)
Chippy64 - OH and son are safe !
for starters......

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 25th 2011 at 4:10 am.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roll Call - BE people of Xchurch if & when they or someone that knows them can up

We are OK we have food water and spare rooms for anybody that needs them

Neil

Spoke to Denises hubby they are good
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 2:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Mistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roll Call - BE people of Xchurch if & when they or someone that knows them can up

For any worried relatives, my was just able to call me from just outside xchurch, there are no tsunami warnings, but the aftershocks have started.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Have not heard from OH or son.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 5:47 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chippy64
Stay strong. Even though the media are telling us to text if we need to, my mobile has no reception and the traffic is pretty congested in places. A lot of places are without power or phones anyway. It is very likely that they cannot contact you in any way or form. Try not to worry too much though I'm sure you will, that's what a wife and mother does.
Take care, thinking of you xx
Hope they manage to get in touch soon
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 5:49 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Keep your chin up, chippy64. Lots of comms problems right now, it may be some time before the networks are operating properly.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 6:03 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Roll Call - BE people of Xchurch if & when they or someone that knows them can up

I has a really close call, we were descending into Christchurch airport when it struck. Captain went round a few times then headed back to Wellington. I’m supposed to be back studying again on the 28th in the city…but we’ll see what the College of Sciences says now, assuming it is still standing!

Honestly my thoughts are with you lot down there, unlike the first one which was a bit funny for the rest of us 65 confirmed dead is terrible. I have no doubt you have the resilience to bounce back and get rebuilding however.

All my love guys, stay strong .
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 6:15 am

Woodpigeon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
Woodpigeon

for starters......
Sorry just saw my name here - I'm not in CHC so am physically ok from effects of earthquake; but the shock of it, and seeing the images on the news, has been upsetting on top of the stress of dealing with OH's ongoing health issue. We had a meeting with one of his health workers this arvo which was good timing as we were both having issues emotionally; she was able to reasure us that these sort of emotions were normal for people in our situation which was helpful to us.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I has a really close call, we were descending into Christchurch airport when it struck. Captain went round a few times then headed back to Wellington. I’m supposed to be back studying again on the 28th in the city…but we’ll see what the College of Sciences says now, assuming it is still standing!
Yes it is. We are doing building assessments tomorrow but first reports are no major issues (don't quote me) i.e. not worse than last time maybe.

Jan
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 6:52 am
`

Where are they?
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 6:52 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Only on BE do you get that sort of insider information!
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 6:57 am
`

Right. If that was at my post, I meant where did she feel they would be. Any news and info can help here.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 7:01 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Hugs to you all from Canada
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

Just got up and have the news on. Thinking of you all over there!
I will be keeping an eye on this thread all day today.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 7:07 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Just seen the news and pictures on the BBC here in the UK, hoping all are OK and sending good wishes to everyone..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.