Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Auckland to Nelson???

Auckland to Nelson???

Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Auckland to Nelson???

MMMMM after living in Auckland for 6 years and thinking I was happy we have just got back from holidaying in the South Island, and now I feel unsettled!!!

Has anyone made the move from Auckland to Nelson area? What are the advantages? differences?

Also is there really a difference in pay/saleries outside of Auckland?

Last edited by jueinnz; Feb 1st 2008 at 9:25 pm. Reason: Can't spell!!!
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:16 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Auckland to Nelson???

I know of three families that have moved from the Auckland area to Nelson and seem to have settled just fine.

They just felt Auckland and surrounds wasn't for them. That's all I know about the reasons for their move.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

I don't know anyone who has made that move, sorry. But I was really impressed with Nelson, thought it was lovely. If I were to move from Auckland I'd like to go either there or Russell. But I really like Auckland so doubt I'd make that move.

All the best with your inquires.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 7:54 am
Just Joined

crosskaos is a jewel in the roughcrosskaos is a jewel in the roughcrosskaos is a jewel in the roughcrosskaos is a jewel in the rough

We are in Auckland too, and after our visit to Nelson at Christmas we have definately decided that Nelson is the place for us? The next step is finding a job which may not be too easy.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by crosskaos
We are in Auckland too, and after our visit to Nelson at Christmas we have definately decided that Nelson is the place for us? The next step is finding a job which may not be too easy.
Im not to worried about finding a job because I could probably get an interanal transfer but the trouble is the salary would be lower.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Kentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to all

I recently had a similiar thread on here titled 'North or South?' We (or rather I ) am very unsettled here in the Waikato. We have been here for 4 yrs. Instead of heading home, I am willing to try elsewhere. My husband and 2 kids (13 and 11) like it here in NZ and I realize that it is better here for them. We recently heard of a couple that have been trying for 3yrs to get here and when we came over, a family living near us got turned down.So it makes sense to at least have another try at it.
We have booked a flight down to Nelson and plan to hire a car and drive to Christchurch and then fly back to Hamilton.We don't want to go at the peak of Summer cos anywhere is nice then. We are going beginning of April.
Really you have to go and look for yourself. We all want different. I moved here to NZ without coming out here at all first, so I making sure I check out anywhere first.
Thanks for the helpful p.m.s I got.........that's when I booked the flight! Thanks!