View Poll Results: where in nz are you or want to be (if not in nz)
northland
3.33%
auckland
20.00%
waikato
5.56%
bay of plenty
13.33%
east cape
0%
hawkes bay
2.22%
taranaki
1.11%
manawatu-wanganui
0%
wellington
24.44%
tasman
0%
nelson
3.33%
malborough
2.22%
west coast
3.33%
canterbury
20.00%
otago / southland
1.11%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

where are you?

Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Location: always wishing i was somewhere else, getting there and wishing i was somewhere else again.
smiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud of
Default where are you?

so you have moved or are wanting to move to nz. after reading this site for 3 months, i was kind of curious where most brits ended up, or wanted to. vote at your leisure.

also what is the reason for moving or wanting to move to the location you did or want to

Last edited by smiges33; Jan 30th 2008 at 9:29 pm.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:40 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: where are you?

We are outside of Nelson. Husband is a plumber and he had job offers all over NZ. I left the choice to him as he was the one having to take up employment. He chose this area because of its weather & that it was not a city.
The quality of the job offer came into play as well though. There was a concern because this area is not one of the cheapest in NZ .One earns sunshine dollars here compared to the cities but prices can be at city rates.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Just north of Auckland for me. Yeah there's loads of poms here, small sections, dont get much shed for your money etc but I can move about at the drop of a hat and wouldn't still be here 5 years on if I didn't like it!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:58 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

I live in a decile 6 neighbourhood.

-St Albans, Christchurch
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:03 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Porirua Posse aiiiiiiieeeee! West Side...

(Wellington, that is )
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

South JAFAland with the gentle sounds of the jets, bird song and sawn-off shot guns!! Utopia
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:52 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

We're in the sunny bit at the top of the Main Island
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:56 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

The Land of Only Fools and Horses.........

Rodney...........
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:57 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
The Land of Only Fools and Horses.........

Rodney...........
You're a JAFA mate
Old Jan 31st 2008, 12:16 am
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

A question for Lardyl... is there anything significant south of the Bombay Hills? ..
Old Jan 31st 2008, 12:28 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yotty
A question for Lardyl... is there anything significant south of the Bombay Hills? ..
*AHEM!!!* :curse:
Old Jan 31st 2008, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Rotorua and loving it. Been here coming up 5 years.

Gill and Rob
Old Jan 31st 2008, 5:31 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yotty
well there's a nice steep bank so you can pick up speed on SH1 and miss the turnng to Coromandel/Tauranga .........
Seriously, I love it down south and personally I would live in Chch (or possibly Welly although I have never been there!) rather than up here in Auckland but.....
- oh wait a minute I am offending *everyone* now and I thought that had been removed from the LardyL job description.....oh dear!!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:01 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
- oh wait a minute I am offending *everyone* now
We wouldn't have you any other way!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

We live just outside Auckland, down a bit and to the East a bit... Auckland is where the job offer was.... but I have to be honest and say we love living here. The views are beautiful, no extremes of weather... friendly people, some fields to keep a horse... lots of friends and plenty for the littlies to do. Nice safe beaches just down the road.... just ideal really.

We are happy here for now, maybe well into the future we would look into living somewhere else but it would still have to be somewhere warm like this... I don't do cold or windy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.