Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Arriving In Decemeber 2010.....still so much to sort out :(......OH and HI im new!

Arriving In Decemeber 2010.....still so much to sort out :(......OH and HI im new!

Old Nov 18th 2010, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

cookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to all
Red face Arriving In Decemeber 2010.....still so much to sort out :(......OH and HI im new!

Hey all

Coming to Nz on the 16th of December. Getting Married on the 18th! Visa permitting we won't be using our return flights now! (last minute change of plan) So now we are faced with a million and one things to sort out in next to no time!

And by we I mean Me.....Hubby to-be working extra hard to ensure lots of NZ$ for when we arrive!

I need to tackle the shipping of my car....
Transfer of our savings???
and just general nerves about leaving loved ones and settling.....

All advice greatly appreciated
Old Nov 18th 2010, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Tray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Arriving In Decemeber 2010.....still so much to sort out :(......OH and HI im new

Congratulations write lots of lists & buy lots of tissues & vino
Old Nov 19th 2010, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

cookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to all
Default Re: Arriving In Decemeber 2010.....still so much to sort out :(......OH and HI im new

Originally Posted by Tray
Congratulations write lots of lists & buy lots of tissues & vino
Hi Tray

Thank you that seems like sound advice!

We are arriving in auckland on the early hours on 16th Dec after a 30hr flight
then onto a flight to queenstown an then married on 18th, then honey day lol at milford sound on the 19th back to auckland on the 20th!

.......I said to hubby to-be........I can't wait for our wedding but i really really can't wait for a glass of rose in our apartment when we get back to Auckland!

x
Old Nov 19th 2010, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

yjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Cookie
Were Brummies too and arriving in Auckland on the 15th Dec, But we are then flying down to Christchurch.
Wishing you the best of luck
Old Nov 20th 2010, 8:30 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure this is a silly question but have you checked out the marriage licence situation? Took me a few days to get mine sorted out when I arrived in Auckland to get married. That was a few years back mind, so I'm sure things have changed, and I'm guessing you have checked it all out.

Sounds very exciting!!
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

londonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jmh
I'm sure this is a silly question but have you checked out the marriage licence situation? Took me a few days to get mine sorted out when I arrived in Auckland to get married. That was a few years back mind, so I'm sure things have changed, and I'm guessing you have checked it all out.

Sounds very exciting!!
God so true - I thought you had to allow 3 working days to get the licence sorted and be in the country? Not sure if you can arrange some of this from the High Commission - some friends of ours ran into trouble over something similar. Not wanting to be alarmist because it all sounds so exciting for you and I am sure you are super organised.

This is coming from the girl who arrived at the registry office with (now) husband 2 days before wedding only to realise that all marriage certificate stuff at Registry Office in Brighton was not there and we may not have been able to get married I actually had a mini meltdown there and then!

you'll have a great time here, enjoy!
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by londonescapee
God so true - I thought you had to allow 3 working days to get the licence sorted and be in the country? Not sure if you can arrange some of this from the High Commission - some friends of ours ran into trouble over something similar. Not wanting to be alarmist because it all sounds so exciting for you and I am sure you are super organised.

This is coming from the girl who arrived at the registry office with (now) husband 2 days before wedding only to realise that all marriage certificate stuff at Registry Office in Brighton was not there and we may not have been able to get married I actually had a mini meltdown there and then!

you'll have a great time here, enjoy!

HI

yes all sorted thanks, we just ad to fax all of the relevant paperwork over to our wedding planner thanks for the concern though x
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by yjx1nt7
Hi Cookie
Were Brummies too and arriving in Auckland on the 15th Dec, But we are then flying down to Christchurch.
Wishing you the best of luck
Hi wow

congrats so so close now you must be as excited and panicy as we are lol will you be living in cristchurch?

hx
Old Nov 25th 2010, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

gunsterpooks is an unknown quantity at this point

Where is your apartment in Aucklang going to be?

Good luck with all the arrangements, hope the wedding goes OK!

What are your plans for Christmas
Old Nov 25th 2010, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gunsterpooks
Where is your apartment in Aucklang going to be?

Good luck with all the arrangements, hope the wedding goes OK!

What are your plans for Christmas
Hi
our apartment is at the viaduct over looking the harbour.....Its gorgeous our temporary little pad lol

The wedding arrangements are going well I had my last dress fitting today.....I can't wait to wear it for real!

Christmas I think we are eating out not sure where, as simon's brother and his wife are arranging this. Either that or a BBQ on the beach.

what about you? where do you live and what are your xmas plans?
x