Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Degree relevancy to expreince ...

Degree relevancy to expreince ...

Old Nov 24th 2010, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

sherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nice
Default Degree relevancy to expreince ...

Hello Everyone

I have done four degree in textile sciences and no IT related qualification.
I have 6 years IT expereince in implemeting ERP inclusing SAP.

My qualification does not match with my experience. Does it count for NZ Imigration ?
Old Nov 25th 2010, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

Tranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Degree relevancy to expreince ...

Dunno, but you may want to work on your spelling (and grammar come to that! )
Old Nov 25th 2010, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

Mrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really nice

I would say experience is more important. A degree only shows that you can learn and is a basic way of judging people.

But that's from a recruitment point of you, not NZIS.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

anniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud of

Hi Sherry,

Your degree is important to obtain points. But your experience will also be important. I had no work experience related to my degree, but could show that I could obtain several positions once in New Zealand with that qualification. Basicaly I think you need to show that you will be able to obtain a job once you arrive here, with either your qualification or your experience.
Not sure if this helps, Good Luck !!