Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone sorting worldly goods out now?

Anyone sorting worldly goods out now?

Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

lindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone sorting worldly goods out now?

We just went to North Island. We are in Shirley. My 14 year old daughter and I both liked Welly - shops were good, a bit like Birmingham but a quarter of the people! Eldest daughter (19) didnt like it, she loved the bay of islands, but not so much work up there, I think it would be very seasonal. Our son Dan is training with Birmingham Royal Ballet and will hopefully join the NZ Royal Ballet in Welly.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of

I had a brochure from the Birmingham Royal Ballet yesterday!!! I treated my inlaws to tickets to see A Jazz Ballet earler in the year. Might go to see Beauty and The Beast before we emigrate.

What a wonderful opportunity for him to work in Wellington! My daughter is showing promising signs. She goes to the church hall in Bloxwich every saturday - she is only just 4 though! So time will tell!!

Yes, don't think the opportunities are as plentiful in BOP for us as in Wellington. It would suit me down to the ground. So am pushing for Kapiti Coast.

We'll see.

Good luck, and look forward to chatting on the forum.

Old Apr 25th 2008, 12:48 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Hey all - I got a great piece of advice for when you're packing stuff for your container - put in little 'treats' for yourself - to discover when you're unpacking all those months later Whether it's a book or a dvd or 'smellies' for your bathroom or a bar of chocolate - whatever it is you'll be delighted to see them. I only brought a few things but I think if I was doing it again I'd put at least one thing, no matter how small, into every box
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes, you must, great tip! I still have some things saved away for rainy days and like you I wish I had the savvy to bring more. Some new undies and nice bath smellies never go a miss, especially if you're gonna be feeling the pinch and don't have much money for luxuries whilst getting yourself sorted.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

My ex did that! He left an empty pack of his cigars in one of my garage boxes for me to find. I would rather he had left me a bar of chocolate!