Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone live with a snorer!!!

Anyone live with a snorer!!!

Old Jan 29th 2010, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone live with a snorer!!!

Originally Posted by kiwinow
I agree. That's gorgeous advice, but I couldn't help remembering an interview I heard where it was revealed that the Queen and Prince Philip slept in separate bedrooms, although I don't know if it's because he/she snores. Put this together with a Billy Connnelly interview - "Would one care to meet in my chamber tonight?" "Certainly. One would like to give one one."
ONE?
Old Jan 29th 2010, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes! And then I went and added to the problem by taking on a bulldog...now they really know how to snore
Old Jan 29th 2010, 11:00 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

One night , in the early years, I got so fed up in the wee small hours, I held his nose in my fingers and just held on.... and on......

He woke up with such a start and a huge intake of air. After that he knew I meant it when I said he snored !

I've also recorded him snoring and played it back to him. He's also got a kind of clicking noise he makes. A bit like a dripping tap.
Click , click, click , click , click....then nothing and you startt o settle down and thenjust as you are about to snooze off.....click , click ,click, snort, snore.... AArrrgghh!

Mostly the big snorehead happens after he's had a beer or two & these days we simply retire to separate bedrooms .
Old Feb 1st 2010, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

that snore mousse spray stuff seems to work a treat
Old Feb 1st 2010, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by AngelaandJim
Hi

Thanks for the replies snoring has got to be the worst thing ever!!! Think I will try the ear plugs see if that works if not the pillow may be an option
HI there - i use earplugs!! it works for me!!!
he he!
xxx
Old Feb 1st 2010, 9:35 am
`

Originally Posted by 127luton
i use earplugs!! it works for me!!!
he he!
xxx
Rammed up the blokes nostrils, I presume.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

Try a tablespoon of olive oil down his throat before bed, but he's not allowed anything to drink or eat after.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 5:31 am
`

Try a tablespoon of olive oil down his throat before bed, but he's not allowed anything to drink or eat after.
What about teeth cleaning? Does that count.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Jim gets his new teeth today so we will see if it's peacefull tonight
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:08 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

No he has to clean his teeth first so the oil coats his throat for a while. I can't remember what it does - think it stops the hangy down bit not to stick to the palate.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

No he has to clean his teeth first so the oil coats his throat for a while. I can't remember what it does - think it stops the hangy down bit not to stick to the palate.
Sorry do forgive me- but being the WORLD's WORST snorer- That is a load of C---------codswallop!
Laser surgery to create an incision in the soft palate , which when healing creates a scar, which then tightens up the skin/flesh of the soft palate is the only way- so I have been told.
50% success rate -BUT just as in the old op , where part of the soft palate was removed, the side effects [of too much being removed/ too greater scaring from laser] can be pretty drastic! The voice is totally changed and can result in sounding as if one has a cleft palate- But hey what do you perfect folk care as long as you don't have to worry your pretty little heads about getting to sleep at night.
Shame on you!

It's the same person you opted to spend your life with- they just happen to have an annoying disability-
Do you really want them to go under the knife???
With all the dangers it exposes them to?
NO?
Well then-DEAL WITH IT!
Wear ear plugs- put a pillow over YOUR head- move to another bedroom!

Don't all scream at me at once- I'm quite fragile at the mo.
Didn't sleep a wink last night!

Hubby started snoring and I heard him through the wall!
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Jim got his new teeth it has made a big difference but not stopped altogether but hopefully once they settle it will be ok

Don't think I'd fancy getting my mouth cut up for it bit extreme

Here's hoping for a good nights sleep tonight

Angela x
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 10:16 pm
`

Sorry but that has really tickled me.

Earplugs don't do it, either up his nostrils or in my ears. I find earplugs very uncomfy TBH and don't sleep well with them .

Himself is also having his teeth sorted soon. Maybe that will help. You never know your luck.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 10:21 pm
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

I know it won't work for everyone, but following my own advice, I have recently cut out the beer (well until the Sevens this weekend) and excerise HARD everyday including a lot more chest and upper body weights...

....I haven't lost the weight I expected (I say it's due to all the muscle) but my DOH says I haven't snored in weeks!

...so see you all down the gym then !
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 11:23 pm
`

Himself is going training tonight & has decided less quaffing is the order of the day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.