Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Is anyone going to positive these days?

Is anyone going to positive these days?

Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is anyone going to positive these days?

Originally Posted by Maz
What visa are you going there on? Did you marry an American? Do you have an American passport? I guarantee you will loathe the upper US in winter. And most likely in summer too. But please - what visa do you have?
Summer in South Korea is much worse than Chicago I guess?!!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nerine
It's fine thanks, life continues on as normal and we've just booked flights "home" for Christmas to see the rellies and to do Paris with the kids.
I am glad for you.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 2:07 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crap coffee
I am glad for you.
get to bed girl - chickens to feed and other stuff to do in D/F later this morning no doubt....
I'm off got a Nativity play in the morning - don't ask........
Have a great trip over there and say hello to all those airports for me.

nite, nite zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

WheelsOfSteel is on a distinguished road

To the original poster. We are moving back at the end of the year.

Keep your eyes open and be prepared for the good and bad. Sounds like if you are retiring you will be cash rich, no mortgage, steady income from UK. If it doesn't work for you well...

Good luck.

WOS
Old Mar 29th 2008, 5:55 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

You rarely see Yankees in NZ anyway -
They are the one's with a Canadian Maple Leaf sewn on their backpacks.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 10:03 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Summer in South Korea is much worse than Chicago I guess?!!
I've never been to South Korea... But it's regularly 90F+, and 70%+ humidity. Blech! You venture outside of the aircon and are drenched in sweat right away. Not my idea of fun.

Originally Posted by happynz
They are the one's with a Canadian Maple Leaf sewn on their backpacks.
Yep! My old boss used to do that whenever he travelled out of the US.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
We've heard from them a little. Maybe they're busy? Didn't realise it was a requirement to post on here after you'd moved here. Why is it worrying? Worrying that they might be having a great time?
Having a wonderful time........just dont have a pc so cant really get on......coming soon though.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by turkeys
I came here without ever having visited, but my wife had lived in the South Island years ago.

So far (albeit 3 months) I'd have to say Wellington,well Lower Hutt is okay as a place to live. I've already mentioned some problems with our daughter's school, which obviously colours opinion a little bit on my perceptions of the education system here. Aside from that the real pros have been
-catching up with my wife's friends who'd not seen her for 12 years
-the chance to do a bit of sightseeing
-getting out and about swimming, walking and cycling with the kids more

The minus points are all well documented by others

What puzzles me is that people have a perception that it is a paradise, I'd get comments like, 'you'll never come back', 'you won't want to come back to England after that' etc. Well we tried to explain to people that we are going for a year to see how we settle and what happens. Despite never having said we are emigrating people seemed to assume that we were.

A few more months in and we'll need to decide about applying for residency

Browner, I hope you don't mind me asking, is it not possible for you to return

Anythings possible , but it wouldnt be easy. Two young kiwi kids who are having a good time. The costs of housing in UK, and then I have to find work at my age within travelling distance. And a wife who probably wants to stay here. Not as easy as it seems is it.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

turkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of light

have you been here long Browner_? Has it been a gradual process of coming to not enjoy being here or did you know straight away?
Where would you fancy living realistically back in the UK?
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 4:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by turkeys
have you been here long Browner_? Has it been a gradual process of coming to not enjoy being here or did you know straight away?
Where would you fancy living realistically back in the UK?
Oh it would have to be where I came from, the deep south, or even further south! Its the villages I miss and I certainly wouldnt want to be too close to a city of any size. London is great to visit once in a while but you wouldnt want to live there would you