Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone flying tomorrow??

Anyone flying tomorrow??

Old Nov 1st 2007, 9:54 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone flying tomorrow??

As some of you know, my inlaws have been extremely fortunate to land themselves a job with a 3 year work visa

They begin THAT journey tomorrow night, flying with Malaysian Airlines and Emirates to get here (stopovers in KL and Sydney).

I was just wondering if anyone else was on the late flight tomorrow from LHR??
Old Nov 1st 2007, 10:03 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone flying tomorrow??

Nah, I've nothing to add about your parents' flights. I just wish I could stop over in KL. Ummmm...I miss hanging out in a KL kedai kopi (coffee shop) drinking big coffees and reading the comics in the Malay Mail.

Me: 'Kopi besar satu lagi.' (One more big coffee.)

Old Indian waiter: 'KOPI BESAR SATU LAGI!' (ONE MORE BIG COFFEE!)

Kitchen coffee wallah: 'Kopi besar, BAIK!' (Big coffee, OK!)

Old Nov 1st 2007, 10:49 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Wish I was there too Happy I think its THE friendliest place ever and I could just stay in KLIA for a week or two
Old Nov 1st 2007, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

Arizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz
Nah, I've nothing to add about your parents' flights. I just wish I could stop over in KL. Ummmm...I miss hanging out in a KL kedai kopi (coffee shop) drinking big coffees and reading the comics in the Malay Mail.

Me: 'Kopi besar satu lagi.' (One more big coffee.)

Old Indian waiter: 'KOPI BESAR SATU LAGI!' (ONE MORE BIG COFFEE!)

Kitchen coffee wallah: 'Kopi besar, BAIK!' (Big coffee, OK!)

Brappa ringit SATU LAGI?
Old Nov 1st 2007, 11:54 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Arizona Wurzel
Brappa ringit SATU LAGI?
I dunno, but when I lived there it was 80 sen for a kopi besar, 40 sen for a roti canai and 60 sen for my copy of a Malay Mail. Dua ringgit and 20 sen in change!
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

Arizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz
I dunno, but when I lived there it was 80 sen for a kopi besar, 40 sen for a roti canai and 60 sen for my copy of a Malay Mail. Dua ringgit and 20 sen in change!
I lived there for three years in Johore Baru and Sungie Besi. Sungie Besi is about thirty miles south of KL.Used to love the Tiger and Anchor beer and also the dish called Nasigoren.Used to spend the weekends in KL in the Galloway Club down by the railway station,probably not there now also the Lake Gardens.Would like to visit KL again someday.I see they have changed a lot of the street names since i left there.Spent some time in Ipoh and Penang Island. Have forgot much of the Malay language now as have had nobody to communicate in Malay with.Best wishes,Treemacasi!
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by Arizona Wurzel
I lived there for three years in Johore Baru and Sungie Besi. Sungie Besi is about thirty miles south of KL.Used to love the Tiger and Anchor beer and also the dish called Nasigoren.Used to spend the weekends in KL in the Galloway Club down by the railway station,probably not there now also the Lake Gardens.Would like to visit KL again someday.I see they have changed a lot of the street names since i left there.Spent some time in Ipoh and Penang Island. Have forgot much of the Malay language now as have had nobody to communicate in Malay with.Best wishes,Treemacasi!
I lived in Brickfields and worked in Petaling Jaya. Ah, there were good times.

Old Nov 2nd 2007, 3:19 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Wish I was there too Happy I think its THE friendliest place ever and I could just stay in KLIA for a week or two
Is it that good? I've never been.
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 3:43 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Is it that good? I've never been.
Malaysia is a great place, just a shame that we didn't have longer to spend there. Well worth going up to the cameron highlands and Taman Nagara (i think!) rain forest. After spending time in both india and china beforehand it was strange to see both set of cultures happily co existing and communicating in Malay. Must go back on day!
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
As some of you know, my inlaws have been extremely fortunate to land themselves a job with a 3 year work visa

They begin THAT journey tomorrow night, flying with Malaysian Airlines and Emirates to get here (stopovers in KL and Sydney).

I was just wondering if anyone else was on the late flight tomorrow from LHR??
I'm not.
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

me neither
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

sorry, we're drunk
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donnaf
sorry, we're drunk
At this time of the morning............

Old Nov 2nd 2007, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Him and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Sarah,

We were going to be on that flight

So sad to see your folks go, another family leaving us behind. Their house is empty now and it all seems unreal

We're gonna miss them but know they'll love being closer to you guys

It was weird doing p'nuts birthday without you lot there, thanks for the phone call he loved hearing Jamie's voice