Reload this Page >

Anyone applying nz police?

Anyone applying nz police?

Old Nov 4th 2005, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

jenks007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone applying nz police?

Hiya Sarah
Jo here, Yep the suspense is killing us too!! I did attend the interview, if you can call it an interview. It was nothing like the formal stuff you have to do over here. It was a matter of "hiya take a seat, so then, do you really want to come over to us?" Then just nattered, we asked questions specific to us. The whole day was one big very, very informal interview. If they werent talking to us as a group they were talking to us individually.
Nine officers turned up eight with partners, I personally think it is vital to bring partners as it is a huge joint decision that needs to be addressed by both of you. It also shows them an element of your closeness and commitment. I think that part of the day will have been assessed on whether they think you will be able to settle. They might think that if you come on your own that your partner is not as commited or interested as you and that could lead to problems settling once over there.

Havent been on websites yet, will do that this evening when littluns are in bed.
We think we want to go for it. Pete still has alarm bells ringing - hazard of the trade. We could always just go for it as a 'life experience' and see how it goes. Maybe if we take a little of the "gotto make a go of it" stress away we will feel a bit more relaxed about it. WHO KNOWS! Some ways I wish they reject us. at least then it takes the choice out of our hands!!!
I wish we had done this pre children, it would have been a doddle then. Still, you could spend all your life saying what if....and there we are back at the beginning again.
J.
Old Nov 13th 2005, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

Hubbz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jenks

How are you?

Cant believe we still have to wait another month until we find out.

Steve is in the process of getting his doctors and optician reports done, and I continue to look at real estate web sites.

Have you decided on which areas you would like to live in?

We chose:

Hamilton
Tauranga
Gisborne

Got a feeling it will be Gisborne!

Hope you are all ok, look forward to hearing from you.

Sarah
Old Nov 14th 2005, 8:35 am
Just Joined

Grobo35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jenks007
Hiya, Is anyone in the UK applying to NZ Police ? If so would like to hear from you. Going through the motions and would also like to hear from officers who took the 'plunge' in 2002 for their honest opinions...
Am going through the process myself,will be attending NZ House on the 22nd of this month for interviews and fitness test,will let you know how it all goes.If you hear from anybody who is already over there let me know what they have to say.Have heard several reports rangeing from good to bad.Whether these are accurate or not is another thing.Cheers