Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Any tenancy law advice for NZ please?

Any tenancy law advice for NZ please?

Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:15 am
Account Closed

Leccy-Lee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any tenancy law advice for NZ please?

Wasn't sure where to post this but its in NZ, so seems as good a place as any..

Having a few issues and problems with my homelife and namely our head flatmate, i dont want to post all details on a public forum so if anyone has any legal experience etc with 4 people sharing a house and one of those tenants being the head-tenant (ie ahs tenancy with actual landlord) and the other 3 of us rent with proper tenancies the other rooms off of her.

Anyway, if anyone knows there way around law or just tenancy contracts here i would appreciate a private chat (PM me).

Typical isnt it, a week or so a go everything was going great, this week may have to move to a new home, ah well in the great scheme of things its not end the world!
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:36 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any tenancy law advice for NZ please?

Originally Posted by LeeBennett

Having a few issues and problems with my homelife and namely our head flatmate, i dont want to post all details on a public forum so if anyone has any legal experience etc with 4 people sharing a house and one of those tenants being the head-tenant (ie ahs tenancy with actual landlord) and the other 3 of us rent with proper tenancies the other rooms off of her.

Anyway, if anyone knows there way around law or just tenancy contracts here i would appreciate a private chat (PM me).

Typical isnt it, a week or so a go everything was going great, this week may have to move to a new home, ah well in the great scheme of things its not end the world!

I'll give you this for free......

DON'T GO TO A LAWYER......THEY ARE ALL AMATEURS BUT CHARGE NEW YORK RATES....

Trust me on this...
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:41 am
Account Closed

LOL sounds like a painful experience Avid?
No i have no plans of actually taking any legal action etc, just wanted to have some facts etc so i roughly know what i am talking about in a row!
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

pm littletoe shes had personnal dealings in this sort of stuff so she maybe able to help
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 9:58 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

LOL sounds like a painful experience Avid?
No i have no plans of actually taking any legal action etc, just wanted to have some facts etc so i roughly know what i am talking about in a row!
talk to the tenancy tribunal people - they should be able to offer you some advice. Ask littletoe for some info - she will be able to give you the number of the tenancy people and probably more than that, cos she's great!!
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 10:12 am
Account Closed

Thanks, i will call those people..
And i have PMed Littletoe, hope they wont mind?