Reload this Page >

Any Midwives out there in NZ??

Any Midwives out there in NZ??

Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

patti is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Any Midwives out there in NZ??

Hi
I'm in the process of researching a move to NZ within the next year or two with my husband & son. I'd be aiming to work full time as a midwife and support us while hubbie finds work. I would really value any expat experiences before I go for an interview with a recruitment agency (NZ House next week). I've read so much contradictory stuff in terms of cost of living, payscales etc that my brain hurts!! Thanks for any help - Patti :scared:
Old Oct 6th 2005, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Midwives out there in NZ??

Originally Posted by patti
Hi
I'm in the process of researching a move to NZ within the next year or two with my husband & son. I'd be aiming to work full time as a midwife and support us while hubbie finds work. I would really value any expat experiences before I go for an interview with a recruitment agency (NZ House next week). I've read so much contradictory stuff in terms of cost of living, payscales etc that my brain hurts!! Thanks for any help - Patti :scared:

Hello
Post this question on the "nursing" section of this web site and you may get a few replies. Midwifery is a bit like nursing in that there are shortage in most places. LCM's are midwives who work independently in the community and come in to hospital to deliver. They are paid according to how many pregnant women they have on their books {this is a very basic explaination}.
The hospital midwives I have spoken to work along side the LMC {Lead Maternity Carer I think it is}, but are frequently the second midwife at the birth.
Salary for hospital midwives is on par with general nurses. There is a separate Midwifery Council.

http://www.midwiferycouncil.org.nz/index.cfm

I'm a nurse an have been here very happily almost 2.5 years.
Any specific questions just ask.
Gill
Old Oct 8th 2005, 7:26 am
Just Joined

patti is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Midwives out there in NZ??

Thanks for that Gill, - we are probably going to arrange along haul holiday in April to check out the land. Maybe that's the time to tout the CV? (Now up to date!!!)

Patti x