Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

another newbie saying hello

another newbie saying hello

Old Jan 17th 2007, 7:39 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
the calders's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 16
the calders is an unknown quantity at this point
Default another newbie saying hello

Hi All

we are new to the forum, i am Steve, wife Karen and two little ones aged 6 and 3.

currently i have just applied for a job with NZ probation and should i get it will be applying for residency very soon.

sorry i am still stuck in sunny London so will probably be asking endless questions but with any luck will be able to return the favour to others when i am bit more NZ savvy.
the calders is offline  
Old Jan 17th 2007, 8:53 am
  #2  
P2L
BE Forum Addict
 
P2L's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: NZ
Posts: 3,366
P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: another newbie saying hello

Originally Posted by the calders View Post
Hi All

we are new to the forum, i am Steve, wife Karen and two little ones aged 6 and 3.

currently i have just applied for a job with NZ probation and should i get it will be applying for residency very soon.

sorry i am still stuck in sunny London so will probably be asking endless questions but with any luck will be able to return the favour to others when i am bit more NZ savvy.

Welcome to the site The Calders

Got lots of new smileys today so trying them out on you!!

Good luck on your adventure. If you need any help then shout. The answer is on here somewhere

Kev & Sarah
P2L is offline  
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 4:59 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
 
Danemad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Gandia, Spain
Posts: 102
Danemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: another newbie saying hello

Originally Posted by the calders View Post
Hi All

we are new to the forum, i am Steve, wife Karen and two little ones aged 6 and 3.

currently i have just applied for a job with NZ probation and should i get it will be applying for residency very soon.

sorry i am still stuck in sunny London so will probably be asking endless questions but with any luck will be able to return the favour to others when i am bit more NZ savvy.
Hiya! I am very new here...

Can I ask how you managed to apply (and feel confident in getting) a job when you are in London? Didn´t they want to interview you and see your qualifications, etc? Hope you don´t mind me asking but it seems we are going to need a job offer for DP to be able to get accepted, even though he is on the LT skills shortlist...
Danemad is offline  
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 7:44 pm
  #4  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
the calders's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 16
the calders is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: another newbie saying hello

Originally Posted by Danemad View Post
Hiya! I am very new here...

Can I ask how you managed to apply (and feel confident in getting) a job when you are in London? Didn´t they want to interview you and see your qualifications, etc? Hope you don´t mind me asking but it seems we are going to need a job offer for DP to be able to get accepted, even though he is on the LT skills shortlist...
hi ya Danemad,

first of all welcome.

re the job i applied via the normal recruitment process, found the advertisement on their website.

yes i will need to have an interview and assessment, (if i get that far) however i am a qualified probation officer working in the UK and my degree is directly related to that particular work.

also they are running an extensive recruitment campaign and are also actively seeking overseas.

although i am still awaiting to hear from them whether or not i have been shortlisted for an interview my emails with the HR department have been very positive so at the moment its fingers, toes and everything else crossed. although there is so much to do and think about a little confidence and planning goes a long way.

As for your situation, there are several ways you could get a job offer if needed, all require a your Hubby to go through a normal recruitment process however, the interview could be conducted by telephone or video link.
but firstly have you tried the points indicator how many points does your husband have?


good luck
the calders is offline  
Old Jan 24th 2007, 9:06 am
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
Danemad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Gandia, Spain
Posts: 102
Danemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: another newbie saying hello

Originally Posted by the calders View Post
As for your situation, there are several ways you could get a job offer if needed, all require a your Hubby to go through a normal recruitment process however, the interview could be conducted by telephone or video link.
but firstly have you tried the points indicator how many points does your husband have?
good luck
Hi and thanks. Good luck with your job offer btw!

I have already sent email applications in response to a couple of job offers in the Herald but both replied to say they are interviewing this week and are looking to fill the positions immediately. I can´t imagine how it would be any different... In these emails I have outlined his work experience. He doesn´t have a CV (being a carpenter for the past 22 years he has been self employed and worked here and there for months or so at a time. Not exactly stable employment but continuous employment none-the-less.) Carpenters are in demand and the points indicator came up with 125 (although the EOI I have done but not yet submitted only says 70 somehow).

The guy who responded to my assessment on the ISNZ replied

"Given your eligibility for points related to age, qualifications, and work experience in an area of skills-shortage, I certainly believe that if we were to act as your immigration agents it is highly likely that we would achieve a successful outcome—even if we do not secure a job offer for him"

I have to say, I am really confused as to which avenue to follow.
Danemad is offline  
Old Jan 24th 2007, 4:15 pm
  #6  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
the calders's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 16
the calders is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: another newbie saying hello

Originally Posted by Danemad View Post
Hi and thanks. Good luck with your job offer btw!

I have already sent email applications in response to a couple of job offers in the Herald but both replied to say they are interviewing this week and are looking to fill the positions immediately. I can´t imagine how it would be any different... In these emails I have outlined his work experience. He doesn´t have a CV (being a carpenter for the past 22 years he has been self employed and worked here and there for months or so at a time. Not exactly stable employment but continuous employment none-the-less.) Carpenters are in demand and the points indicator came up with 125 (although the EOI I have done but not yet submitted only says 70 somehow).

The guy who responded to my assessment on the ISNZ replied

"Given your eligibility for points related to age, qualifications, and work experience in an area of skills-shortage, I certainly believe that if we were to act as your immigration agents it is highly likely that we would achieve a successful outcome—even if we do not secure a job offer for him"

I have to say, I am really confused as to which avenue to follow.
to be honest i am not quite sure what to suggest, i know there are options such as skills matching and work to residence visas, you might want to use an agency but obviously this will cost.
i suggest you do a post on this forum asking for advice someone might have the answer.
the calders is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.