Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Next Stop Auckland - We're in!!

Next Stop Auckland - We're in!!

Old Jan 22nd 2007, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

dash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud of
Default Next Stop Auckland - We're in!!

Just had the nod from NZIS. "Approved in Principle" We're off to Auckland for a holiday/recce next week too so the pressure will be off and we can do some detailed research 'on-site' now we know we're approved.

Thanks for all the advice and information - Good and Bad!! all valuable comments.

Should be moving out in the Summer....
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 5:21 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next Stop Auckland - We're in!!

Wow many many congrats woo hoooooo!
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Danemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by dash1965 View Post

Just had the nod from NZIS. "Approved in Principle" We're off to Auckland for a holiday/recce next week too so the pressure will be off and we can do some detailed research 'on-site' now we know we're approved.

Thanks for all the advice and information - Good and Bad!! all valuable comments.

Oh you lucky thing! Congrats! We´re hoping to move to Auckland later on in the year. We´ve only just begun researching. What area are you hoping to move to?

Can I ask what you have done so far to get to this point? ie what steps have you followed? I have read all the info on the Immigration website but it gets a bit confusing to be honest.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

dash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Danemad View Post
Oh you lucky thing! Congrats! We´re hoping to move to Auckland later on in the year. We´ve only just begun researching. What area are you hoping to move to?

Can I ask what you have done so far to get to this point? ie what steps have you followed? I have read all the info on the Immigration website but it gets a bit confusing to be honest.
It feels like a long slog to get to this point but take one step at a time. Firstly if you are interested try the EOI to see how many points. If you submit that with enough points then you will get an invitation to apply (ITA) the time that takes is down to if you have a job offer. I did and it took a couple of weeks to get the ITA.

When the ITA arries you have 4 months to get medicals donr and police checks.

Then you submit the ITA and wait for a decision from a case officer.

A job offer helps the process along as you tend to get priority.

Its basically taken 6 months for us from start to finish (Today!)

Although we now have to co-ordinate the move!!
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 5:45 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Sweet

Congratulations and enjoy your visit
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Danemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the rough

It feels like a long slog to get to this point but take one step at a time. Firstly if you are interested try the EOI to see how many points. If you submit that with enough points then you will get an invitation to apply (ITA) the time that takes is down to if you have a job offer. I did and it took a couple of weeks to get the ITA.

When the ITA arries you have 4 months to get medicals donr and police checks.

Then you submit the ITA and wait for a decision from a case officer.

A job offer helps the process along as you tend to get priority.

Its basically taken 6 months for us from start to finish (Today!)

Although we now have to co-ordinate the move!!
OK, so what´s the EOI? I completed our details for the assessment on the ISNZ and they replied to say:
"With respect to the information you have provided to us, you and your partner are both to be congratulated on your professional credentials and work experience. Based upon your completed formwork, it appears that your New Zealand residence could potentially be attained via the Skilled Migrant category".

Obviously they would do all the paperwork and running around for you (at a price!!!) but I can´t afford it so will have to do it all ourselves.

How did you manage to get a job offer without even going over there?!!! Well done on that!

Thanks for your help by the way. Sorry for all the questions.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Danemad View Post
OK, so what´s the EOI? I completed our details for the assessment on the ISNZ and they replied to say:
"With respect to the information you have provided to us, you and your partner are both to be congratulated on your professional credentials and work experience. Based upon your completed formwork, it appears that your New Zealand residence could potentially be attained via the Skilled Migrant category".

Obviously they would do all the paperwork and running around for you (at a price!!!) but I can´t afford it so will have to do it all ourselves.

How did you manage to get a job offer without even going over there?!!! Well done on that!

Thanks for your help by the way. Sorry for all the questions.
The EOI is 'Expression of Interest' its the first stage to see if you have the skills they are looking for. From what you've said it looks like you have enough points to submit. You can do that online. They have a 'pool' of EOI that are selected every 2 weeks. The last one was the 17th Jan.

Then you wait for them to get in touch. You find out quickly if you have been selected from the pool.

I had contacts in Auckland to get the job offer.

We never used an agent. We are just a married couple with no kids, so seemed straightforward. Saved us about £3000 in agent fees!!

You can get lots of help to complete forms from this forum. Everyone is really helpful!!

Good luck
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

well done guys , enjoy your trip
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

OK so next we complete the EOI.. I´ll do that tomorrow with a fresh brain.

Before I submit it should I apply (in principle) for any jobs for me and on behalf of my DP? ie submit our CVs to any companies? Surely no one will consider us in the slightest without interviewing us first??? So which should I do first? I assume our application will carry more weight if we have at least a job offer for him but can´t see us getting very far without being there.

Can I ask what sort of work you will be doing? If you don´t mind me asking...
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 8:03 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Can I suggest that you look at NZIS first to see how many points you have.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../caniworkinnz/

140+ you are automatically selected
100-140 with skills in absolute skills shortage area
100-140 with a job offer
100-140 no job offer.

At the moment they are NOT selecting people below the 140 level without a job offer.

If you have enough points to apply, then do so. The form takes a few hours to fill & you need to make sure that you have at least 2 years on your passports and FULL birth certificates.

Once you start filling in your EOI, all will become clear!!!
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 8:04 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Well Done Guys.

Enjoy your trip
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

spackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud of

Congratulations. Best of luck.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

Thanks again Dash1965... It´s a bit of a catch 22 situation, isn´t it?

I don´t want to go out there job/house hunting until we have approval (in principal) in case we then get turned down and waste all that money we can ill-afford to spend but then if you won´t get approval without a job offer... also, I don´t want to wait until I have been out there (in a couple of months time) and come back before I submit our EOI cos I want to get the ball rolling.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

Just completing my EOI... what is my Taxation Number???? Anyone?
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:30 am
Too close to the sun

SirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud of

Well done Mr and Mrs Dash

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.