Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Animals/pets/waddaya do?

Animals/pets/waddaya do?

Old Aug 9th 2006, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Animals/pets/waddaya do?

Originally Posted by SarahB
Yep, its gonna be a kiwi this time

...and yes I feel very lucky to be able to have another child.... I have rellies who have had literally an awful (and very expensive) time going through IVF/adoption route because they couldnt have children... heartbreaking stuff.

I'll be 39 soonish... I think.... pregnancy brain makes me forget things... couldnt even tell a friend how many weeks preggy I am the other day!

Thanks...... I think!! I dont feel nearly 40 but I probably look it!!
What on earth are you doing up at that time in the morning?! Are you always an early riser or does your little boy have to drag you out?
I am the same age as you, I had my first two in my very early 20's and a suprise one at 37

I hit Pumpkin Patch after the scan, brought some pink vests, picked my teenagers up from school, they said 'well?' and i gave them the bag to open, they were thrilled to be having a sister, even my son who now has to put up with his two sisters! He is now 18 :scared: and his baby sister just adores him. When she falls over he says 'on yer feet soldier' and she gets up and runs to him. So sweet....

Sorry, back to cats, didn't bring ours when we moved as she was a bit old, she moved in with my my in-laws and had a very happy retirement.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

37 not old for a mummy!! That Italian mudder was something like 114 when she conceived (albeit with a syringe). This cat thing a bugger now. If the total reaches 4 figures then it's chippy time for him.,that's 2 months rental!!
And Jude,built in babysitters!! Genius,love it.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by danny.f
37 not old for a mummy!! That Italian mudder was something like 114 when she conceived (albeit with a syringe). This cat thing a bugger now. If the total reaches 4 figures then it's chippy time for him.,that's 2 months rental!!
And Jude,built in babysitters!! Genius,love it.

I know
Old Aug 10th 2006, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jude J
What on earth are you doing up at that time in the morning?! Are you always an early riser or does your little boy have to drag you out?
I am the same age as you, I had my first two in my very early 20's and a suprise one at 37

I hit Pumpkin Patch after the scan, brought some pink vests, picked my teenagers up from school, they said 'well?' and i gave them the bag to open, they were thrilled to be having a sister, even my son who now has to put up with his two sisters! He is now 18 :scared: and his baby sister just adores him. When she falls over he says 'on yer feet soldier' and she gets up and runs to him. So sweet....

Sorry, back to cats, didn't bring ours when we moved as she was a bit old, she moved in with my my in-laws and had a very happy retirement.
Hiya.... I was up early as my OH went to work early. He had to take my car today (the one we are selling) as it was booked into Honda garage for a service.... so he went outside and then realised he didnt have his keys with him.... he'd locked the door from the inside so couldnt get back in....... so he banged on the door to get back in.... so I had to get up!!! Once I wake I dont normally go back to bed as it gives me a headache..... it was OK as I got all my bits n pieces done before littlun woke up later on.... so I could spend all morning with him then.

I'm not the only older mum here..... I have several friends here who are the same age and have littluns or they are pregnant.... I think Im the second oldest.... one English lady is a year older than me. But I do have the mental cut-off age in my head, and thats 40.... really dont want kids after Im 40.... dunno why... spose I dont want to be an old fuddy duddy mummy. Can just see an image of me using a zimmer frame going to collect a 6 year old from school.....
Old Aug 10th 2006, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SarahB
Hes older than that now and with short hair but he still does it.... its a comforter.... started with putting his "blankie" in his ear.... then pieces of toilet paper.... then whatever is soft or fluffy as you can see!!
Oh boy... what great material for the future - take as many photographs as you can ... when he's going through the "I know everything, you're too old to understand teenage phase" you're going to have great fun - or save it for when he announces he's going to get married and his adoring bride-to-be wants to see the family album - even better than the "naked in a bucket" photo!

The first Christmas we were in NZ, youngest then was 17, as a Christmas present I got childhood photos printed on mugs - our 19 year old was presented with one of him sucking his thumb in front of the television at the age of 10 - well, the rest of the family thought it was funny.....