Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

All things British

All things British

Old Mar 23rd 2007, 10:19 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All things British

Mate, you may not believe it, but we're sitting here with music on and no TV, in UK, and am actually looking forward to having no UK soaps to plonk in front of.
Thje state of UK TV has plumetted, and most of the decent tele seems to be well chosen by kiwi channels (Dr Who, Life on Mars). At least you don't get "I'm a Celebrity, get me Dancing on Maria while I Can't Cook Won't Cook................ON ICE!"
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 11:16 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
Mate, you may not believe it, but we're sitting here with music on and no TV, in UK, and am actually looking forward to having no UK soaps to plonk in front of.
Thje state of UK TV has plumetted, and most of the decent tele seems to be well chosen by kiwi channels (Dr Who, Life on Mars). At least you don't get "I'm a Celebrity, get me Dancing on Maria while I Can't Cook Won't Cook................ON ICE!"

Ha ha ha ha ha - ON ICE - brilliant

Makes you think that that kinda junk is just fillers for adverts
Old Mar 24th 2007, 2:43 am
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of

you don't get "I'm a Celebrity, get me Dancing on Maria while I Can't Cook Won't Cook................ON ICE!"
I cant cook wont cook on ice! your joking right!

Agree with everyone else, Boston Legal is great and absolutly adore Life on Mars - always liked John Simm anyway and really getting to like Philip Glenister! I hate to say it but there are quite a few of the American programmes I like too, Desparate Housewives, Lost (one of the few still watching it most probably), Boston Legal, Lost, The Amazing Race - god, I spend far too much time watching TV
Old Mar 24th 2007, 6:40 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you do , I am sick of american soaps and just am at the stage of wishing our tv would die and then I wouldn't have to sacrifice anymore family time to it.
Old Mar 24th 2007, 7:06 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dazal
I cant cook wont cook on ice! your joking right!

Agree with everyone else, Boston Legal is great and absolutly adore Life on Mars - always liked John Simm anyway and really getting to like Philip Glenister! I hate to say it but there are quite a few of the American programmes I like too, Desparate Housewives, Lost (one of the few still watching it most probably), Boston Legal, Lost, The Amazing Race - god, I spend far too much time watching TV

Remember big brother

De de lee dee le lee de de lee de de lee dee le lee de de lee de de lee dee le lee de de lee ( that’s my ring tone, for those of you who didn’t recognise it – Star Wars )

Hello

Hey, you watching big brother ? Sarah just moved it’s amazing,

Did you tape it ?
Old Mar 24th 2007, 7:43 am
Banned

We went to The Warehouse this afternoon, their flyers are pretty good if you want to download http://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/

Anyway..

We bought the Borat DVD and I can’t wait to watch it as Ali G is really clever ( for me). The wee lad has gone to sleep, some Grolsch in the fridge, just need to fire up some popcorn !

We don’t watch much TV but when a good one comes along it’s great. We buy most of the stuff we watch on DVD watch it as & when we want and then sell it on www.trademe.co.nz that way we have a decent collection and we rotate it. The local library has a good selection of DVDs too and you can even order them online ( see I do say positive things about NZ !). They got a good kiddies section too.

It’s the adverts that kill it for me. I mean how many times in one movie can you be interrupted to watch dandruff shampoo adverts?

I’m off to give Borat a spin

Cheers
Old Mar 24th 2007, 8:12 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Campbells
We went to The Warehouse this afternoon, their flyers are pretty good if you want to download http://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/

Anyway..

We bought the Borat DVD and I can’t wait to watch it as Ali G is really clever ( for me). The wee lad has gone to sleep, some Grolsch in the fridge, just need to fire up some popcorn !

We don’t watch much TV but when a good one comes along it’s great. We buy most of the stuff we watch on DVD watch it as & when we want and then sell it on www.trademe.co.nz that way we have a decent collection and we rotate it. The local library has a good selection of DVDs too and you can even order them online ( see I do say positive things about NZ !). They got a good kiddies section too.

It’s the adverts that kill it for me. I mean how many times in one movie can you be interrupted to watch dandruff shampoo adverts?

I’m off to give Borat a spin

Cheers
Borat is fab, I bought the dvd same day it was released how on earth can you part with any of your movie collection though, I could never sell any of our huge collection and I love to dig out an old film I haven't watched for ages . Mum sends me dvds over sometimes when she remembers me some of the ones she got free with the sunday papers were quite good.
Old Mar 24th 2007, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default All things British

Must admit we have Austar in OZ, full of mindless drivel, drip feeding the masses to satisfy some primeval urge for who knows what.

Although we have a choice of over 90 channels I very seldom watch anything, not even the POM TV I used to mildly enjoy in the UK.

I used to watch Bargain Hunt about a larger than life chap who gives a couple of plonkers 100 pounds and they buy the items at an antique fair and later try to sell the goods at action to make a profit, but even I find that tedious to say the least.

Nothing I miss from POM except my mummy…………….

Still mustn’t grumble.

Gosh I feel miserable tonight............
Old Mar 24th 2007, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default All things British

And that was post 980 to this shallow website..........what a waste of time.............
Old Mar 24th 2007, 9:20 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
Must admit we have Austar in OZ, full of mindless drivel, drip feeding the masses to satisfy some primeval urge for who knows what.

Although we have a choice of over 90 channels I very seldom watch anything, not even the POM TV I used to mildly enjoy in the UK.

I used to watch Bargain Hunt about a larger than life chap who gives a couple of plonkers 100 pounds and they buy the items at an antique fair and later try to sell the goods at action to make a profit, but even I find that tedious to say the least.

Still mustn’t grumble.

I parphrase the famous quote by........hmm, so famous I can't remember if it was Lenin, Stalin or Trotsky (or indeed none of them!)

The original quote was
"Religion is the opiate of the masses".

My version:
"Television is the opiate of the masses".

updated for today's modern world!

It was Karl Marx who said it first! - had to look on Google!

Last edited by karonious; Mar 24th 2007 at 9:32 am. Reason: reference
Old Mar 24th 2007, 9:25 am
Banned

Still mustn’t grumble.

Here mate,

This will cheer you up...

Cheers
Attached Files
File Type: ppt
very amusing cartoons.ppt (459.5 KB, 65 views)

Last edited by Campbells; Mar 24th 2007 at 9:30 am.
Old Mar 24th 2007, 9:31 am
Banned

Originally Posted by karonious
I parphrase the famous quote by........hmm, so famous I can't remember if it was Lenin, Stalin or Trotsky (or indeed none of them!)

The original quote was
"Religion is the opiate of the masses".

My version:
"Television is the opiate of the masses".

updated for today's modern world!
My version: Television-

The haunted fishtank
Old Mar 24th 2007, 9:40 am
Banned

And that was post 980 to this shallow website..........what a waste of time.............
Another laugh.....

Memory was something you lost with age
An application was for employment
A programme was a TV show
A cursor used profanity
A keyboard was a piano
A web was a spider's home
A virus was the flu
A CD was a bank account
A hard drive was a long journey
A mouse pad was where a mouse lived
Attached Thumbnails All things British-untitled.bmp  
Old Mar 24th 2007, 9:45 am
Banned

A New Zealand ventriloquist visiting Australia, walks into a small outback

village and sees a local sitting on his porch patting his dog He figures

he'll have a little fun, so he says to the Aussi:

"Hey, mind if I talk to your dog? "

Villager: "The dog doesn't talk, you stupid Kiwi."

Ventriloquist: "Hello dog, how's it going mate?"

Dog: "Doing' all right."

Aussi: (look of extreme shock)

Ventriloquist: "Is this villager your owner?" (Pointing at the villager)

Dog: "Yep"

Ventriloquist: "How does he treat you? "

Dog: "Real good. He walks me twice a day, feeds me great food and takes me

to the lake once a week to play. "

Aussi: (look of utter disbelief)
Ventriloquist: "Mind if I talk to your horse? "

Aussi: "Uh, the horse doesn't talk either. . . . I think. "

Ventriloquist: "Hey horse, how's it going? "

Horse: "Cool"

Aussi: (absolutely dumbfounded, "as most Ozzys look every da)

Ventriloquist: "Is this your owner?" (Pointing at the villager)

Horse: "Yep"

Ventriloquist: How does he treat you?

Horse: "Pretty good, thanks for asking. He rides me regularly, brushes me

down often and keeps me in the barn to protect me from the elements.

Aussi: (total look of amazement)

Ventriloquist: "Mind if I talk to your sheep?"

Aussi: (in a panic) "The sheep's a liar. "

Old Mar 24th 2007, 9:58 am
Banned

Still mustn’t grumble.

Better than TV and getting into a barney on BE, have a look....
Attached Files
File Type: ppt
Aviation.ppt (2.77 MB, 73 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.