Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

All Blacks V South Africa 17th July?

All Blacks V South Africa 17th July?

Old Jul 17th 2010, 7:45 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All Blacks V South Africa 17th July?

Originally Posted by The Dean
Intimidated? Er, no............ disgusted would be closer to the truth.

David Campese had the right idea - wander off and kick a ball around.

The issue is bigger than that - the IRB have for many years allowed the All Chokes to get away with doing whatever they like. Whenever NZ rugby is mentioned, I always think back to Brendan Gallagher's brilliant article in the Daily Nazigraph after they got knocked out of the 2007 RWC:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rug...arrogance.html
Ever since the first NZ Rugby touring team performed the Haka in 1884 we have come to expect and respect their tradition they are the ALL BLACKS and surely must be one of if not the most consistently successful teams ever produced by a nation of such small numbers. Rugby Union has always been a game to be played not watched hence most of the spectators at a big time match are either players or ex players who learnt to respect others and their ways and traditions. Any silly political or ethnic personal views should be left to the fools like BG and left unread by the men who want to get on with the game.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 7:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Ever since the first NZ Rugby touring team performed the Haka in 1884 we have come to expect and respect their tradition they are the ALL BLACKS and surely must be one of if not the most consistently successful teams ever produced by a nation of such small numbers. Rugby Union has always been a game to be played not watched hence most of the spectators at a big time match are either players or ex players who learnt to respect others and their ways and traditions. Any silly political or ethnic personal views should be left to the fools like BG and left unread by the men who want to get on with the game.
Garbage.

Until the mid/late-1980s, the All Chokes used to perform the haka as a form of 'crowd entertainment' (see the DVD of the classic Barbarians v NZ match in 1973) - often it was enacted in one long straight line facing the crowd. In that match, half of the team didn't even seem to know it - they copied one of the other players.

A nation of small numbers? True, but they are the only major rugby-playing nation for whom rugby union is the country's number one sport, so most of the kids choose that sport. (Wales, arguably, would also define it as their number one sport, but that's all).

"Silly" views? It is perfectly reasonable to question why one team is persistently allowed to perform a ritual just because it is their 'tradition'.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 9:14 am

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Garbage.

Until the mid/late-1980s, the All Chokes used to perform the haka as a form of 'crowd entertainment' (see the DVD of the classic Barbarians v NZ match in 1973) - often it was enacted in one long straight line facing the crowd. In that match, half of the team didn't even seem to know it - they copied one of the other players.

A nation of small numbers? True, but they are the only major rugby-playing nation for whom rugby union is the country's number one sport, so most of the kids choose that sport. (Wales, arguably, would also define it as their number one sport, but that's all).

"Silly" views? It is perfectly reasonable to question why one team is persistently allowed to perform a ritual just because it is their 'tradition'.
Any silly political or ethnic personal views should be left to the fools like BG and left unread by the men who want to get on with the game.
Old Jul 18th 2010, 7:24 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Rugby Union has always been a game to be played not watched hence most of the spectators at a big time match are either players or ex players who learnt to respect others and their ways and traditions.....
.........and the respective countries anthems & to each other as spectators or sportsmen.

Any silly political or ethnic personal views should be left to the fools
but fools should not go un-noticed & unchecked.
Old Jul 18th 2010, 5:31 pm

"but fools should not go un-noticed & unchecked"........no just dug back in to enrich the soil....
Old Jul 19th 2010, 3:50 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Well we had a fabulous time. A few little piccies for those interested.

I was embarrassed that some of the Kiwi's booed during the SA National Anthem.

But not as embarrassed as my kids when I belted out the recently learnt NZ National Anthem. I knew those practise sessions with my girlfriend over a few wines with our wooden spoons would pay off.
Attached Thumbnails All Blacks V South Africa 17th July?-dscf5186.jpg   All Blacks V South Africa 17th July?-dscf5187.jpg   All Blacks V South Africa 17th July?-dscf5173.jpg  
Old Jul 19th 2010, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Well we had a fabulous time. A few little piccies for those interested.

I was embarrassed that some of the Kiwi's booed during the SA National Anthem.

But not as embarrassed as my kids when I belted out the recently learnt NZ National Anthem. I knew those practise sessions with my girlfriend over a few wines with our wooden spoons would pay off.
Did they sing "God Save The Queen" as well, both anthems have equal status
Old Jul 19th 2010, 6:12 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Oooo. I bet you had a great time. It's dead good innit.

I thought I could hear your tinkling tones shaking me telly.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 11:21 am

I'm not jelous really Your days as a sports action photographer are numbered......
Old Jul 19th 2010, 11:37 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not jelous really Your days as a sports action photographer are numbered......
I was masseuse/physio ... Want me ... Can have me ....
Old Jul 28th 2010, 10:44 pm
Just Joined

toddm is an unknown quantity at this point

Intimidated? Er, no............ disgusted would be closer to the truth.

David Campese had the right idea - wander off and kick a ball around.

The issue is bigger than that - the IRB have for many years allowed the All Chokes to get away with doing whatever they like. Whenever NZ rugby is mentioned, I always think back to Brendan Gallagher's brilliant article in the Daily Nazigraph after they got knocked out of the 2007 RWC:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rug...arrogance.html
Well here is a co-incidence! I am usually just lurker with nothing very much to add in most cases.. however this post caught my eye, as the article quoted was the suubject of a press complaints authority ruling which I requested. Small world.
The article in question is a complete bunch of lies, ignorance and arrogance. All of which Brendan Gallagher choked on. I wrote a letter of complaint to the Telegraph stating that Mr Gallagher was ignorant, racist and arrogant. All pretty strong stuff. However I stated exactly why this was the case and all of Mr Gallaghers faults in the article, there was a lot! My letter painted Mr Gallagher in a very unflattering light, so it was not published. However I then made a compaint to the Press Compaints authority about Mr Gallagher, things escalated beyond his editor quite quickly, and eventually a hearing was held. Of which the Telegraph admitted its error (they were horribfied with potential implications of this article getting to much publicity and the legal cases that could follow, the Telgraph lawyers were very unimpressed with Gallagher) and the ruling was made that the Telegraph was to post my letter (in its sports section), and in its entireity.Mr Gallgher has been very quiet about spouting his ignorant racist and arrogant comments ever since.

http://www.pcc.org.uk/news/index.html?article=MzY5NQ==

So Mr Gallagher is the one who ended up choking on arrogance.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by toddm
Well here is a co-incidence! I am usually just lurker with nothing very much to add in most cases.. however this post caught my eye, as the article quoted was the suubject of a press complaints authority ruling which I requested. Small world.
The article in question is a complete bunch of lies, ignorance and arrogance. All of which Brendan Gallagher choked on. I wrote a letter of complaint to the Telegraph stating that Mr Gallagher was ignorant, racist and arrogant. All pretty strong stuff. However I stated exactly why this was the case and all of Mr Gallaghers faults in the article, there was a lot! My letter painted Mr Gallagher in a very unflattering light, so it was not published. However I then made a compaint to the Press Compaints authority about Mr Gallagher, things escalated beyond his editor quite quickly, and eventually a hearing was held. Of which the Telegraph admitted its error (they were horribfied with potential implications of this article getting to much publicity and the legal cases that could follow, the Telgraph lawyers were very unimpressed with Gallagher) and the ruling was made that the Telegraph was to post my letter (in its sports section), and in its entireity.Mr Gallgher has been very quiet about spouting his ignorant racist and arrogant comments ever since.

I like it
Old Jul 29th 2010, 7:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toddm

Utter bollox.

The PCC simply insisted the Nazigraph should publish his (your?) letter, in the interests of fairness and balance. If there was a serious issue with the article, the PCC would have insisted on a retraction or apology.

Evidence? The article is still on the Telegraph website - the PCC could have insisted on it being deleted. That paper often publishes letters, articles, etc in which the writer challenges a previous article, editorial, etc. It's called debate - and that article prompted plenty of it.

Nevertheless, perhaps you'd like to tell me which parts of the article were factually inaccurate, and in what way it was racist?
Old Jul 29th 2010, 8:54 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

Errr so who one the match?
Old Jul 30th 2010, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Garbage.

Actually you didn't question, you called for it to be banned and then made some rather offensive comments that did nothing more than show your own ignorance and arrogance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.