Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

All Blacks V South Africa 17th July?

All Blacks V South Africa 17th July?

Old Jul 11th 2010, 7:02 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool All Blacks V South Africa 17th July?

Am so excited!!

As independent, woman of substance, I have booked flights, hotel and All Blacks tickets for next weekend in Welly for me and my 4 kids.

Never been to an AB's game and am really excited about it. Anyone else going?
Old Jul 11th 2010, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

thedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: All Blacks V South Africa 17th July?

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Am so excited!!

As independent, woman of substance, I have booked flights, hotel and All Blacks tickets for next weekend in Welly for me and my 4 kids.

Yep! I'm going, with some friends and my FIL who's out here visiting from the UK at the mo'.

I've never been to a rugby match before, don't understand the rules either, but figured "when in rome" etc.
Old Jul 11th 2010, 1:20 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Am so excited!!

Wonder if the wife will miss me if I say I am just nipping down to the pub?
Old Jul 11th 2010, 11:03 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Am so excited!!

You're gonna love it.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 4:28 am
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

Am so excited!!

We went to Eden Park on Saturday and the atmosphere was brilliant - even better than when we saw the ABs play England. You should have a fab time
Old Jul 12th 2010, 4:56 am

Not forgetting it will be my second date with the captain ...
Attached Thumbnails All Blacks V South Africa 17th July?-richie-mccaw-giving-me-eye-.jpg  
Old Jul 17th 2010, 5:35 am

Just off to offer my services to the team as Physio/Masseuse ...

Typical wind and rain here in Welly, but we don't care!!!

GO ALL BLACKS!!!!!
Old Jul 17th 2010, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

thedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of light

Ha ha amloolah, perhaps you should be the match streaker and really grab their attention??
Old Jul 17th 2010, 6:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

When are the stooges at the IRB going to ban that commercially-driven and racist 'haka'??
Old Jul 17th 2010, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

janek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Dean
When are the stooges at the IRB going to ban that commercially-driven and racist 'haka'??
how would Am Loolah know the answer to that?

Maybe the IRB will ban it about the same time that that Jews and Muslims learn to love each other. Would that be soon enough?
Old Jul 17th 2010, 6:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janek
how would Am Loolah know the answer to that?

Maybe the IRB will ban it about the same time that that Jews and Muslims learn to love each other. Would that be soon enough?
The question was somewhat rhetorical, but thank you for your literal interpretation (Loolah, you're off the hook!)....

......... and as someone who has spent most of the last 18 years in the Middle East, I can assure you it's not "Jews" that are the problem for most Muslims - it's "Israel". I know plenty of Muslims and Jews who are perfectly hospitable to one another - they just sensibly avoid talking about sensitive subjects - like Israel.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Dean
Each to their own and all that but I quite like the haka and I respect it.

Here's a tip... If you're intimidated by it, don't watch :-)
Old Jul 17th 2010, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thedtb

Exactly
Old Jul 17th 2010, 7:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Intimidated? Er, no............ disgusted would be closer to the truth.

David Campese had the right idea - wander off and kick a ball around.

The issue is bigger than that - the IRB have for many years allowed the All Chokes to get away with doing whatever they like. Whenever NZ rugby is mentioned, I always think back to Brendan Gallagher's brilliant article in the Daily Nazigraph after they got knocked out of the 2007 RWC:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rug...arrogance.html
Old Jul 17th 2010, 7:40 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Erm .

Difficult one after the Maori England game recently. Great game. Not too much bad sportsmanship from the crowd as we have experienced in the past.

Was not intimidated at all by said Haka . Who could be . Prefer the Maori rugby team to be doing it , or the Pacifikas, than a mix of allsorts with very little claim.

Two anthems as you would expect. Respect to both you would think. It's sport after all. NZ one sung in both languages and we all respected.
UK anthem started ---- and a loud Haka started during this. Supreme bad manners .

Wrong venue, Wrong time. To the wrong people that had travelled the world to see that game.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.