Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Airport security- racist

Airport security- racist

Old Aug 11th 2008, 4:00 am
Enjoying retirement

NakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Airport security- racist

"BUT WHAT YOU MUST REMEMBER ABOUT RACISM IS QUITE SIMPLE ONLY WHITE PEOPLE ARE RACIST. IF YOU ARE NON WHITE YOU CAN SAY WHAT YOU LIKE AND IT'S NOT RACIST."

Sad but true. I well remember,years ago, a black guy on UK television actually say the only whites are racist, and that its impossible for a black person to be a racist.

Yeh, right

Last edited by NakiMan; Aug 11th 2008 at 4:03 am.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

turkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of light

Sad but true. I well remember,years ago, a black guy on UK television actually say the only whites are racist, and that its impossible for a black person to be a racist.

Yeh, right[/QUOTE]

That was probably someone like Darcus Howe though, who doesn't speak for most rational black people - like Enoch Powell didn't speak for most rational white people. Or Big Ron Atkinson to put in a modern day context
Old Aug 11th 2008, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

malcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson
I am white English & 71 years old and I get stopped every time. They say its because my false knee sets the alarm off but I they just want to risk me

June
Its because they are after your SAUSAGES!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 11th 2008, 7:53 am
Just Joined

GailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really nice
Smile Re: Airport security- racist

Originally Posted by malcoltom
You're as funny in real life.

Mum (Margaret Parkinson) likes a good giggle
Old Aug 11th 2008, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

malcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond repute

It was nice to meet you Gail. I would love to meet your Mum. Maybe if we get the job offer and manage to get back here, we will meet her on one of her visits.
Good luck
Old Aug 11th 2008, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

eddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to all

NZ airport staff are pretty bad but the oz ones are worse.

Then again I do annoy them sometimes by getting on the airplane with one passport and using another at the other end. Which really gets on their nerves

Last edited by eddie_nz; Aug 11th 2008 at 8:33 am.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonono
once i got stoped and my bags opened and searched for no reason..where you take the red line.. they ask a whole lot of questions which i realy hate..not really sure why they do that..sucks huh

Are you of 'non-white skin'? Why on earth do you think they are being racist..even if you are a non-white? If I got stopped by 'non white' customs control people..infact I did...a whole bunch of latino and oriental officials at San Francisco GAVE ME A REAL, REAL hard time with my wife and 3 VERY young kids in tow...I thought they were just being knobs..nothing to do with me being white. You get good and bad in all jobs..these guys were complete tossers..rude, surly and just because my passport did not 'work' for their system. They made me feel like a terrorist and had absolutely zero humanity. Rude, ruthless and totally ignorant..like they would not even tell me what was up..until the end. I did not spook them in any way...really put me off EVER setting foot in the US again. A REALLY scarey episode. Was there for ages!!
Old Aug 11th 2008, 8:55 am
Just Joined

nonono is an unknown quantity at this point

yes i know what you mean..it tootally sucks how they can treat you like that!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 11th 2008, 9:01 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonono
I had few incidents with them where they randomly stop people as they step out of the plane.. i have also seen few british people having this happen to them..where they just drag you on the side and ask you all sorts of questions like what are you doing here? why are you here? etc etc
Thats what immigration staff are supposed to do, isn't it? They are looking for illegal immigrants, potential overstayers, terrorists, smugglers, whatever...
Old Aug 11th 2008, 9:03 am
Just Joined

nonono is an unknown quantity at this point

i know friends who are nz citizens but non-white colour and they get stopped and searched everytime!! for no reason...really weird..
Old Aug 11th 2008, 9:29 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by southerner
Thats what immigration staff are supposed to do, isn't it? They are looking for illegal immigrants, potential overstayers, terrorists, smugglers, whatever...
So true, but like anything it is not what you do but how you do it and your attitude towards others.

Pauline
Old Aug 11th 2008, 9:33 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Well - despite the title of the thread, the worst that seems to have been suggested is that immigration are stopping people and asking them questions. How weird!
Old Aug 11th 2008, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by malcoltom
Well you know we cannot take meat into NZ so they were out of luck. However we do send the seasoning from the UK so that's why they taste so good.

Also in reply to one of you later posts I would love to meet you as well. I believe we have friends in common. ie Marilyn & co.

June
Old Aug 11th 2008, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by southerner
Well - despite the title of the thread, the worst that seems to have been suggested is that immigration are stopping people and asking them questions. How weird!
From my point of view in the US..its their attitude..they can quiz me for hours..its their job, I do not mind! I was a copper I know what its like to be responsible for safety etc. But then I was always polite to the public, treated them how I would like to be treated. With this bunch of morons in the US I was polite, humble and servile with zero attitude..why treat me like I am a criminal? I had plenty of cash, an onward ticket and 3 very young kids and the Mrs..does not really fit the profiling of a terrorist or a drug dealer aye? .......Rotten attitude they had..little bloody hitlers they were!!!!
Old Aug 11th 2008, 8:35 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Genesis
From my point of view in the US..its their attitude..they can quiz me for hours..its their job, I do not mind! I was a copper I know what its like to be responsible for safety etc. But then I was always polite to the public, treated them how I would like to be treated. With this bunch of morons in the US I was polite, humble and servile with zero attitude..why treat me like I am a criminal? I had plenty of cash, an onward ticket and 3 very young kids and the Mrs..does not really fit the profiling of a terrorist or a drug dealer aye? .......Rotten attitude they had..little bloody hitlers they were!!!!
Well I had no trouble with the Security at San Fransisco, and this thread is about nothing really is it just about security doing there jobs.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.