Reload this Page >

Airport security- racist

Airport security- racist

Old Aug 10th 2008, 7:38 am
Just Joined

nonono is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Airport security- racist

Hi All,

I just wanted to see what you guys think of the security people that work at the airport in auckland. What do you guys think?

I had few incidents with them where they randomly stop people as they step out of the plane.. i have also seen few british people having this happen to them..where they just drag you on the side and ask you all sorts of questions like what are you doing here? why are you here? etc etc

Did it happen to any of guys? Bare in mind im nz passport holder as well so its really disturbing how this happen..

please share your stories if you have got any.

thanks
Old Aug 10th 2008, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Airport security- racist

Nope never had any problems, find everyone really helpful and polite. When the kids go with us they are always ready to stamp the Teddies passports for school too. ( God how sad are we?)
Worst that happened was when the guy said he'd confiscate my kids Cola bottles as they were his fave...he didn't though!! Oh and the good old Drug and Food sniffer dog stopped by OH this Christmas as he was using his daysack he usually used for work to put his lunch in!! But again the guy was cool about it.
You had problems then nonono?
Old Aug 10th 2008, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

I thought their job was to randomly stop people and ask them those sort of questions. I think they use some sort of sign-spotting technique to choose their "victims". I used to get frisked etc quite a lot when I was younger but must appear harmless now I'm >40.
Are you saying they only stop ethnic minorities? Do you belong to such a minority?
Forgive me if I'm being thick, but I can't quite see your problem
Old Aug 10th 2008, 10:30 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep why do you consider it rasist btw.....
Old Aug 10th 2008, 10:31 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

racist I mean. they are just doing there job...really gets to me when everything is classed as racist to some people....thats why I left the bloody UK
Old Aug 10th 2008, 10:48 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

I think I know what your getting at, When travelling through America, it appeared to be non-americans that were targetted and I do think it's the same here.

When we arrived at Auckland Airport at 2340hrs on New Years day, 4 other planes had arrived at the same time, due to delays. Passport control was a nightmare. 5 open for NZ Residents/passport holders and only 2 for everyone else. While we waited over an hour to get through. NZ lot walked straight up to counter as staff on counters stood waiting with very little and frequently nothing to do. I was disgusted, didn't make NZ feel a welcoming country at all.

Also the last x-ray of bags before you walk out, not everyone was subject to this, Kiwi sounding people didn't have bags x-rayed, I commented on this to the lady x-raying our bags and she just looked sheepishly at me.

You have a 'long haul flight', wait over an hour to have passport stamped so you can collect your baggage while 5 Kiwi counters are doing nothing, wait again to have bags x-rayed while kiwi sounding people walk straight out.

BUT WHAT YOU MUST REMEMBER ABOUT RACISM IS QUITE SIMPLE ONLY WHITE PEOPLE ARE RACIST. IF YOU ARE NON WHITE YOU CAN SAY WHAT YOU LIKE AND IT'S NOT RACIST.

If you want racist you wanna hear the Indians go on about the Pakistani's and vice versa.

Pauline
Old Aug 10th 2008, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

I am white English & 71 years old and I get stopped every time. They say its because my false knee sets the alarm off but I they just want to risk me

June
Old Aug 10th 2008, 11:18 am
Just Joined

nonono is an unknown quantity at this point

once i got stoped and my bags opened and searched for no reason..where you take the red line.. they ask a whole lot of questions which i realy hate..not really sure why they do that..sucks huh
Old Aug 10th 2008, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonono
once i got stoped and my bags opened and searched for no reason..where you take the red line.. they ask a whole lot of questions which i realy hate..not really sure why they do that..sucks huh
They're just doing their job - I've always found them extremely polite - they've got a clear border they can effectively protect , so why shouldn't they? The only alternative to 'random' or 'profile-fitting' searching is to fully search everyone which is fine by me but would add to delays.

Oh and I used to love those 'British Passport Holders' only queues in the UK....used to make you feel really welcome to be back...alas now say EU Passport Holders Only which means bigger wait.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 1:00 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

They had a short series of programmes on TV here about the daily life of those guys in NZ...not sure which airport, but I thought they were right bastards. One security guys dog had a go at this passenger who naturally got upset and was arrested for doing so. Plenty of tearful passengers also shown, who were not allowed to bring completely trivial items into the country. It put my family off ever going there.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson
I am white English & 71 years old and I get stopped every time. They say its because my false knee sets the alarm off but I they just want to risk me

June

This should have read FRISK me

June
Old Aug 10th 2008, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

This should have read FRISK me

June
Got distracted just thinking about it didn't you June??
Old Aug 10th 2008, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Got distracted just thinking about it didn't you June??
That's right but whenever I am frisked its always a woman they do not play fair do they. I think its sex discrimination not racism

June.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 10:45 pm

SavBlancGal is an unknown quantity at this point

That's right but whenever I am frisked its always a woman they do not play fair do they. I think its sex discrimination not racism

June.
Last time I exited NZ (going on holiday) I got taken aside to have the 'magic wand' waved over me checking for explosives. Got told that it may touch my body, so I asked if I could have a George Clooney lookalike do it. The woman laughed and said all her male colleagues were really ugly... so I said I'd stick with her then. She was from Yorkshire so at least had a sense of humour.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 1:48 am
Just Joined

hajamie is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess it's hard for people not to be racist with the way the media portrays events...
J.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.