Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Advice for a Scot please!

Advice for a Scot please!

Old Nov 14th 2012, 1:31 am
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Advice for a Scot please!

Advice

Get on the internet and do your research yourself

Just so you know what to expect when you come out here

Otherwise if you decide to move and your unhappy being in New Zealand, i'll make note to respond saying I told you so!

------

Personally, once you have the 4 years experience - apply to the department of corrections. A note of advice, Immigration New Zealand will look more favourably on you if you select another area than Auckland. At least 1/4 of the total population live in Auckland
Old Nov 14th 2012, 1:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tom1983
Advice

Otherwise if you decide to move and your unhappy being in New Zealand, i'll make note to respond saying I told you so!

------

Personally, once you have the 4 years experience - apply to the department of corrections. A note of advice, Immigration New Zealand will look more favourably on you if you select another area than Auckland. At least 1/4 of the total population live in Auckland
Ummmm that's a bit harsh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the OP is on the internet and doing his research - he came on here to ask about the affordability of the wage he thought he would be on.
Old Nov 14th 2012, 1:41 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Advice
Lol. I think this is in response to this thread and post by Tommy Luck & isn't actually intended for thebhoy

Don't mind us thebhoy. We are all a bit mental around the edges. & we are happy to help with anything that we can.

Good point Tom1983. .
Old Nov 14th 2012, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Lol. I think this is in response to this thread and post by Tommy Luck & isn't actually intended for thebhoy

Don't mind us thebhoy. We are all a bit mental around the edges. & we are happy to help with anything that we can.

Good point Tom1983. .
Just been reading that one bevs
Old Nov 14th 2012, 4:23 am
`

Originally Posted by Caz8NZ
Just been reading that one bevs
It's a bit good innit.

One of those where you just want to stick your thumbs in your ears and waggle your fingers around in the air. .
Old Nov 14th 2012, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Mate, I'm a corrections officer at Auckland Prison (paremoremo).
PM me any questions and I'll answer if I can.

The money has gone up a little, it's $47k while training then up to $50k on completion.
It goes up a few grand again when you've got your levels under your belt.
There is so much overtime at Pare its unreal, you could easily work all 365 days in a year if you wanted to.
The money is fine for a single guy, there's plenty of places to rent that are affordable,
especially for a bloke on his own. Lots a single guys house share which gerenaly means a much
nicer house and a set of buddies to share a few beers with straight away.

Anyway PM me if you need any specific info
Old Nov 14th 2012, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebhoy
I know the New Zealand is pretty backwards compared to the Scottish service,
I would disagree there, NZ custodial practices are widely regarded as some of the best in the world. (just to much bloody paperwork )
We have a rather unique situation down here with regards to our prison population and dept goals.
Old Nov 14th 2012, 9:12 am
`

Cheers Justcol.

I did think that Corrections here would be NZ specific. A very different kettle of fish perhaps.
Old Nov 14th 2012, 10:42 am
Just Joined

thebhoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Advice

------

I am doing research.. I plan on going over there next year for a holiday. Im open to other areas of NZ to live in, Auckland was just the main appeal for me.
Old Nov 14th 2012, 10:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Justcol
Hello Mate, I'm a corrections officer at Auckland Prison (paremoremo).
PM me any questions and I'll answer if I can.

The money has gone up a little, it's $47k while training then up to $50k on completion.
It goes up a few grand again when you've got your levels under your belt.
There is so much overtime at Pare its unreal, you could easily work all 365 days in a year if you wanted to.
The money is fine for a single guy, there's plenty of places to rent that are affordable,
especially for a bloke on his own. Lots a single guys house share which gerenaly means a much
nicer house and a set of buddies to share a few beers with straight away.

Anyway PM me if you need any specific info

Fantastic! It was the paremoremo one I was looking at. I will PM you as I cant say too much on a public forum as you know.
Old Nov 14th 2012, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Dangerously understaffed then!
Old Nov 15th 2012, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Not really, but as with any occupation many hands make light work.
Old Nov 15th 2012, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Not really, but as with any occupation many hands make light work.

Yes they do but every unit I was on ran on minimum or below ... never above.

When they were below there should have been a unit lockdown (or partial lockdown) ... There never was.

Are you saying that your prison bring staff in on recalls when they're not really needed?
Old Nov 15th 2012, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

no.
i'm saying there's plenty of callbacks if you want em.
Old Nov 15th 2012, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

Prisoners are generally locked up in our establishment. Unless they are using the phone, going for rec or going to work. Barlinnie is quite safe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.