Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Advice on the dogs passport

Advice on the dogs passport

Old Apr 21st 2009, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Mudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really nice
Default Advice on the dogs passport

Hi I contacted my local vet today asking for some advice on a pet passport for my pooch, he wasnt much help I thought he would know what the pooch needed but he told me to find out and tell him, so could any of you dog lovers give me some advice on what she needs????
Does the normal pet passport do?
Does she require further vaccinations? If so what ones?
Thanks everyone....
Old Apr 21st 2009, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Mgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on the dogs passport

Originally Posted by Mudplug
Hi I contacted my local vet today asking for some advice on a pet passport for my pooch, he wasnt much help I thought he would know what the pooch needed but he told me to find out and tell him, so could any of you dog lovers give me some advice on what she needs????
Thanks everyone....
Hi Mudplug,

Where are you from? The requirements for importing your dog to NZ vary depending on where you live now: It can be anything between a few vaccinations and no quarantine (UK & other rabies free countries) to more vaccinations, rabies antibody tests and a quarantine on arrival.
See http://www.biosecurity.govt.nz/enter/personal/pets for more information.

Mgee
Old Apr 21st 2009, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Mudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really nice

Hi Mgee

We are in the UK so lucky no quarantine, I contacted a company who fly your pets for you he said she would only need a pet passport if we intended to return to the UK but if the flight was only one way she would only need blood/poop tests and the usual de-flee'n + worming, but will check out the website you adviced thankyou
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Phone Golden Arrow and they will send you all the information you need in an understandable form. Lots of people use them on here, and I found them really helpful.

They have a website - do a search on here
Old May 12th 2009, 11:52 pm
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mudplug
Thanks everyone....[F][/FONT]
Hi for NZ you are required only to have the dog quite a few Vaccinations its quite complex and your vet needs to be able to do this ( registered ) you ARE not able to bring a dog to NZ on a passport that is only for EEC AS IN NZ WE HAVE NO QUARINTEEN so thats why the vaccinations are required and you must have the full paper work this will also be sent on to MAFF in NZ before you arrive who will require an forward address for the dog on arrival.
We used LADYHAY back in 2003 but lots of other companies do it and will help with the information you will need as they are unable to load any dogs on to a plane with out documentation.
She will need water when she is pick up also a light meal of chicken and boiled rice. give me a pm if you need any more help
Lin

Regards Lin and if you need more info just PM me
Old May 13th 2009, 2:47 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Here you go

a direct link to GOLDEN ARROW PET SHIPPERS

and

AIRPETS

Phone and have a chat. They will both be happy to help and advise.
Old May 13th 2009, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Foxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud of

Just a quick note to add to the other advice. If boosters are needed before you go, make sure your vet does not give leptospirosis, as this is tested for in the blood samples and if found antibiotics will be needed and futher bloods done = more expense.

We are using Golden Arrow and they have just sent all the bottles for the samples and an explanation sheet for my vet.

Foxy
Old May 13th 2009, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Wow
Thankyou all so much for your advice its greatly received total novice here!!!!
Old May 15th 2009, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

EmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really nice

We used Aipets based at Heathrow to fly our 2 cats over last October and would highly recommend them. Cats came out happy and fussy!
Old May 24th 2009, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

DTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really nice

We used Golden Arrow for 2 cats last year - also highly recommended!