Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Adding a parent to an application after submission of ITA

Adding a parent to an application after submission of ITA

Old Feb 26th 2007, 11:48 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adding a parent to an application after submission of ITA

Hi there - anyone have experience of adding a parent to an application after submitting their ITA?

What do you reckon is the easiest way to bring over a parent - Mom is 53, so still could come out on a work visa (if i can convince her to continue working for another few years).

Or could we add her as a dependent?

(still no case officer so have no one direct to ask the question)

Cheers, Kate
Old Feb 26th 2007, 12:36 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adding a parent to an application after submission of ITA

Originally Posted by dreamfish
Hi there - anyone have experience of adding a parent to an application after submitting their ITA?

What do you reckon is the easiest way to bring over a parent - Mom is 53, so still could come out on a work visa (if i can convince her to continue working for another few years).

Or could we add her as a dependent?

(still no case officer so have no one direct to ask the question)

Cheers, Kate

Hiya Kate

Good to see you're thinking ahead hun!!!

I reckon you've got 3 or 4 options available to you:

1. Email NZIS quoting your ITA Number & ask them what's the best way to add your Mum. Not sure where you'd stand on the dependency bit

2.Wait for a Case Officer to be assigned. This gives your Mum the opportunity to look at her options further & decide if this is the right move for her

3.Your Mum applies independently of you & lists you on her ITA!!!!

4. Your Mum apply for a temporary work visa if she gets a job offer & applies for residency once you're all out in NZ.

Decisions, Decisions,Decisions
Old Feb 26th 2007, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Hiya Kate

Good to see you're thinking ahead hun!!!

I reckon you've got 3 or 4 options available to you:

1. Email NZIS quoting your ITA Number & ask them what's the best way to add your Mum. Not sure where you'd stand on the dependency bit

2.Wait for a Case Officer to be assigned. This gives your Mum the opportunity to look at her options further & decide if this is the right move for her

3.Your Mum applies independently of you & lists you on her ITA!!!!

4. Your Mum apply for a temporary work visa if she gets a job offer & applies for residency once you're all out in NZ.

Decisions, Decisions,Decisions
thanks for the reply
option 4 looks like a possibility - if i can just convince her to work LOL
just found out we have a visa officer assigned but no idea who it is yet
(hope its not scarey mary)
Old Feb 26th 2007, 6:20 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreamfish
thanks for the reply
option 4 looks like a possibility - if i can just convince her to work LOL
just found out we have a visa officer assigned but no idea who it is yet
(hope its not scarey mary)

No we've got her!!!!
Old Feb 26th 2007, 6:42 pm

No we've got her!!!!
LMAO - you know who i am talking about then hahaha
i met her at the london expo and that is who she reminded me of. keeping a straight face was a trial in itself.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 7:35 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

OK I think I just realised that we (well that will be me then ) may have made an error on our EOI.

We only put ourselves down on the EOI not parents or brothers/sisters. Should we have done?

Can we add them at the ITA stage?

What are the implications of them not being on it?
Old Feb 26th 2007, 7:39 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
OK I think I just realised that we (well that will be me then ) may have made an error on our EOI.

We only put ourselves down on the EOI not parents or brothers/sisters. Should we have done?

Can we add them at the ITA stage?

What are the implications of them not being on it?

Don't sweat, you can amend the details on your EOI when you submit your ITA.

if you choose to add family, then if they decide in the future, they wuld like to come out to NZ, they can then substansiate their claim for points for family residing in NZ.

We have included parents, who want to come out eventually anyway, & our eldest nephew, who is 16, in case he decides he would like to spend his "gap year" with us.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 7:44 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Sarah

I have just re-newed my passport. I assume the same for that too?
Old Feb 26th 2007, 7:47 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
Cheers Sarah

I have just re-newed my passport. I assume the same for that too?

Sure is..

If you change any details to those that you submitted on your EOI, you must list them on your ITA.

Don't worry if you can't remember what was on there, cos they send you a copy of it with your ITA & basically you just supply the information to prove what you've claimed
Old Feb 26th 2007, 7:51 pm
Banned

Sure is..

If you change any details to those that you submitted on your EOI, you must list them on your ITA.

Don't worry if you can't remember what was on there, cos they send you a copy of it with your ITA & basically you just supply the information to prove what you've claimed
Ta very much