Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Abusive trademe buyer, how to make his day

Abusive trademe buyer, how to make his day

Old Jul 24th 2007, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light
Default Abusive trademe buyer, how to make his day

Ok, been selling loads of stuff on trade me, and today had to go to the police about a buyer. The guy was threatening to come down and sort me out because he didnt follow my trade instructions so i sold it to someone else. He didnt pay anything but went crazy. Tried all sorts of manipulation then threats. He even said he was a debt collector and would come in with the bailiffs, the item was 30 bucks. WTF

So had to get the police involved. They were great, called him up and warned him off.

ok what i want to know is how can I push kama along. Anyone know the IRD dob in contact details. He is apparently operating a business but selling his wares on trade me, therefore not paying tax.

dont get mad, get even
Old Jul 24th 2007, 5:48 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abusive trademe buyer, how to make his day

Originally Posted by Sugo
Ok, been selling loads of stuff on trade me, and today had to go to the police about a buyer. The guy was threatening to come down and sort me out because he didnt follow my trade instructions so i sold it to someone else. He didnt pay anything but went crazy. Tried all sorts of manipulation then threats. He even said he was a debt collector and would come in with the bailiffs, the item was 30 bucks. WTF

So had to get the police involved. They were great, called him up and warned him off.
I really thought we had a deal! Can't believe you sold that to someone else, and it was only the police call that made me cool off a bit.

But dob me in to the IRD and it's curtains for you sonny.

Erm.... not really

No IRD details but a quick google should see you right. Remind me not to piss you off tho'
Old Jul 24th 2007, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
I really thought we had a deal! Can't believe you sold that to someone else, and it was only the police call that made me cool off a bit.

But dob me in to the IRD and it's curtains for you sonny.

Erm.... not really

No IRD details but a quick google should see you right. Remind me not to piss you off tho'
LOL you had me going for a bit, the guy certainly made the two coppers at the police station laugh, he was so stupid.

you gotta get kama for that, the good kind.

I checked IRD but couldnt find it, this guy seems to take peoples washing machines and fridges to cover debts, thought that was illegal,

love it
Old Jul 24th 2007, 6:01 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Try www.ird.govt.nz and look for links or search the site. There is also a 'contact us' facility.

You might though only be assuming that he is doing something illegal. There are many who do similar on ebay. How do you know he doesn't keep records of his sales on trademe and include them in his tax returns?

Last edited by kiwi_child; Jul 24th 2007 at 6:04 am.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

ok what i want to know is how can I push kama along. Anyone know the IRD dob in contact details. He is apparently operating a business but selling his wares on trade me, therefore not paying tax.

dont get mad, get even
Do you really need the hassle of getting even, afterall what goes around comes around. At the most I would contact trademe and let them know about the threats he made to you. Other than that I would leave well alone and avoid any further contact , he may well be crazy. I would think myself lucky that he didn't cough up any money and very grateful for the Police intervention.

bet that "pizzed" him right off ... hehee a call from a copper !!!!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:18 am
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of

dont get mad, get even
love it. NZ's very own Chopper Reed stand over man. Well, sort of. Good luck breaking his balls. You could for 10$ set up a phony email account and bombard him with dodgy bids/questions then walk away...
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mingusdynasty
love it. NZ's very own Chopper Reed stand over man. Well, sort of. Good luck breaking his balls. You could for 10$ set up a phony email account and bombard him with dodgy bids/questions then walk away...
LOL

yeah could live and let live, but ive finished work, the house is packed to ship to the darkside (OZ). I have nothing to do and cant spend any money as we are trying to save.

what else does my twisted and bitter mind have to do.

no seriously, i just think others shouldnt have to put up with someone like him. What would happen if i wasnt a royal pain in the ass but someone who is vulnerable and might become scared and let him get his way. Just dont like these cheeky A holes really.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:37 am
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of

LOL

yeah could live and let live, but ive finished work, the house is packed to ship to the darkside (OZ). I have nothing to do and cant spend any money as we are trying to save.

what else does my twisted and bitter mind have to do.

no seriously, i just think others shouldnt have to put up with someone like him. What would happen if i wasnt a royal pain in the ass but someone who is vulnerable and might become scared and let him get his way. Just dont like these cheeky A holes really.
Yeah, scum...well, probably best to put it down to experience and let the cops take care of it.

your a nurse aren't you? Good luck with the move to the darkside. may the force be with you.

Last edited by mingusdynasty; Jul 24th 2007 at 8:40 am.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mingusdynasty
Yeah, scum...well, probably best to put it down to experience and let the cops take care of it.

your a nurse aren't you? Good luck with the move to the darkside. may the force be with you.
hey thanks, yeah I am a nurse, finished work 3 weeks ago as I am waiting for my Visa in Oz. So off on Holiday (see free accomodation with partners family) down the south island for a bit, going to catch some snow
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
Try www.ird.govt.nz and look for links or search the site. There is also a 'contact us' facility.

You might though only be assuming that he is doing something illegal. There are many who do similar on ebay. How do you know he doesn't keep records of his sales on trademe and include them in his tax returns?
just noticed someone else left feedback saying they thought he was dodgy when they asked about tax.

just wanna rain on his parade thats all
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:23 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

LOL you had me going for a bit, the guy certainly made the two coppers at the police station laugh, he was so stupid.

you gotta get kama for that, the good kind.
Tee hee

back atcha