Reload this Page >

About IT job in newzealand

About IT job in newzealand

Old Sep 15th 2011, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

ishshor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default About IT job in newzealand

I aplied for NZQA.Preparing for EOI.

I graduate in computer science.Working 4+ years as web developer/designer.

I wanna know what is about the job market in IT ?
Is it easy to get e job in Auckland in web development?

Please suggest what ill do before coming...
Old Sep 15th 2011, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: About IT job in newzealand

Originally Posted by ishshor
I aplied for NZQA.Preparing for EOI.

I graduate in computer science.Working 4+ years as web developer/designer.

I wanna know what is about the job market in IT ?
Is it easy to get e job in Auckland in web development?

Please suggest what ill do before coming...
Your unlikely to get a job in IT without being here for an interview, most places want to meet you face to face...

Would be best using seek.co.nz searching for jobs and speaking with the agencies that are advertising the jobs your interested in...

If they can see your serious and certain to arrive they'll work for you and sort out interviews for your arrival...
Old Sep 15th 2011, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

fychan66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: About IT job in newzealand

my husband had been working with a few agencies from the UK who made all the right noises and saying they would put him forward for jobs until 6wks down the line when he spoke to a new agent who asked what companies he had been put forward to and he had to say he wasn't sure as the agents had just given him job descriptions that he was informed that the law in NZ is that the agent has to tell you the name of the company and get your permission to submit your cv to them so obviously the other agents weren't doing that. He took the bull by the horns and has flown over for a month to meet the agents, attend some IT seminars and hand out business cards and has had a few meetings/coffees with people and also getting the opportunity to take a look around and getting to know some people. Hopefully by the end of the month he will be in a better position to go forward with getting a visa.