The AA

Old Jun 19th 2011, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

Reylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to all
Default The AA

Does anyone know if the AA in NZ and the AA in the UK are connected in any way?
Old Jun 19th 2011, 7:02 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The AA

Originally Posted by Reylan
Would that be Alcoholics Anonymous.........
Old Jun 19th 2011, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reylan
You know I think they might be. I am sure I could have transferred my membership from the UK to NZ. Anyway they are a good service and unlike in the UK where I thought their car ins. was always overpriced they are very resaonable here. Why not call your UK branch HQ and ask them this question.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 9:59 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
they are a good service and unlike in the UK where I thought their car ins. was always overpriced they are very resaonable here
...and pretty stunning in my experience.

I had a shunt up the back on the Northern Mway nr Tristram early one Friday am. Took the other drivers details and car details etc. Rang AA claim later that morning. As the details all matched well enough they waived the excess. Booked the car in for an assessor the following Monday, car repaired and returned by the following Friday. Included replacement of my towbar "just in case", and a $10/day loan car...really couldn't fault it!
Old Jun 20th 2011, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Reylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Would that be Alcoholics Anonymous.........
I knew as soon as I'd written it that someone would ask - thank you for not disappointing me and giving me an early morning laugh!
Old Jun 20th 2011, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Genesis
You know I think they might be. I am sure I could have transferred my membership from the UK to NZ. Anyway they are a good service and unlike in the UK where I thought their car ins. was always overpriced they are very resaonable here. Why not call your UK branch HQ and ask them this question.
Thanks Genesis, I've dropped them an email.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

The AA over here will take your years of membership into account, you can also use your NZ card anywhere in the world without paying extra EXCEPT the UK they are the only country in the world where you have to pay extra to use your card abroad

Neil
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
The AA over here will take your years of membership into account, you can also use your NZ card anywhere in the world without paying extra EXCEPT the UK they are the only country in the world where you have to pay extra to use your card abroad

Neil
I KNEW THERE WAS AN UNDERLYING REASON WHY I LEFT THE UK!!

BTW always found UK AA ins. quotes to be more akin to big lottery win type figures. So a unanimous thumbs down for AA UK??
Old Jun 20th 2011, 11:48 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

They told me that they were no longer affiliated to the UK AA in any way since the buyout years ago and my 13 or so years of membership didn't count for anything in NZ.

Pah.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

they definatly took mine into acc my card says 10 yr + member

Just looked it says member since oct 94 and iv,e only been here 2 years
Old Jun 21st 2011, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

Si19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud of

They are different, AA in NZ is not a broker the same as it is in the UK... So long as you give your proof of no claims you should get the discounts - it is different in NZ - 60% is a full no claims discount rather than expressed in years like the UK. Unfortunately the quote AA gave me was significantly more than other insurers so I have gone elsewhere, shame given I had insured with them for 10 years before moving to the Uk... They were brill though and sorted a claim I made very quickly in my younger days....