Reload this Page >

7 years, now what.....?

Wikiposts

7 years, now what.....?

Old May 1st 2012, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

MaidinEngland is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: 7 years, now what.....?

Arrived back recently from a 5 week holiday with all my family and friends in Halifax, West Yorkshire, and had the most amazing time!Saw a different side to the UK compared to here.Despite the recession over there, everything is so much cheaper compared to here, especially food and housing, as there is so much competition out there.(Spent 2 and half hours in Sainsbury's;-mum thought I'd gone nuts!!!).Been out here for nearly 7yrs and never been homesick...until now!!!Came out here alone, 'living the dream'.Can't decide what to do for the best, but going on this forum shows that I'm not alone.Job situation here is brilliant compared to the UK,where it would be back into the struggling NHS,doing 3x the work I do here,for less pay!Did apply for a job back there, and I've been shortlisted for it, but until the interview, they can't tell me exactly where I could be allocated ie ED, ward or even which hospital, even though I applied for a specific post!!!The thing that I'm missing is my friends and family, but is that enough to go back for???They 'make time' for you when go back, so you do get to see them.
Have felt lonely here since arriving back, but don't particularly like the area that I'm living in, or the house.Tried to sell the house before I went, but no buyers, so its now back on the market.Then it might be easier to make a decision;-to either find somewhere else to settle, or move back for a few years.
This should be the easiest decision in the world, as there only me to think about, but its the hardest.
Old May 1st 2012, 9:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 7 years, now what.....?

Originally Posted by BEVS
If push came to shove & I set my sights firmly on the UK, Mr BEVS wouldn't stop that at all. Thing is, I know it wouldn't be what he really wanted . This place suits him for reasons that it doesn't suit me.
Ditto, I think NZ is much more suited to blokes and it ain't easy to make those first moves or make comments that could potentially drag the other down. As mentioned in Mrs Stormer's post, there's definitely a lot of eggshells to negotiate and quite a hefty lump of bravado required in the eary days.

It's not possible to please all of the people all of the time, but the armchair wannabes only seem to envisage the 'we all lived happily ever after' scenario. It doesn't all come right as soon as you leave the runway and there's lots of effort required to get through the ups and downs and keep it all together.

There's an awful lot of folks who get to a five to seven year itchy bit and finally have to admit that it ain't quite like it was meant to be.
Old May 1st 2012, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

sharkyuk has a brilliant futuresharkyuk has a brilliant futuresharkyuk has a brilliant futuresharkyuk has a brilliant futuresharkyuk has a brilliant futuresharkyuk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by love30stm
Read The Daily Mail online you will see what your missing or not

Mind you the mail is full of crap and stuff
I do and every time I think to myself god I am glad I left but still feel sad about what I have left behind but I wonder is it worth it....
Old May 1st 2012, 9:27 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sharkyuk
I do and every time I think to myself god I am glad I left but still feel sad about what I have left behind but I wonder is it worth it....
Yes I agree I know what you mean
Old May 1st 2012, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

RowanandRick is an unknown quantity at this point

this year were going to latitude festival with my mum and camping with my husbands family. starting to think NZ is just too far. To some family are everything to other they cant stand them. I think its the ones in the middle who its most difficult for. Its busy here, really really busy. The poor are poorer then ever and people are angry....... but we are all in it together. There is good spirit here. well in those that can see past their huge tvs, Iphones and new clothes. Life is what you make it, wherever you are. Think happy and you'll be happy.
Old May 2nd 2012, 7:10 am
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Early days Stormer999. Just try and be continuously open with each other about how it's all going & let the one harbouring doubt and feeling lost know that whatever or however it all pans out it will be for the good of both of you.

I think at least a year is sometimes needed to really know where your heart lays when it comes to a place to live. There again , others have the knack of just knowing almost straight away & some just fall out of love with their new found land over a period of time & want to return to the original roots.

If push came to shove & I set my sights firmly on the UK, Mr BEVS wouldn't stop that at all. Thing is, I know it wouldn't be what he really wanted . This place suits him for reasons that it doesn't suit me.

Still. Early days Mr and Mrs Stormer.
excellent post Bev