British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   33 year old female looking for fellow brit friends in the Auckland area (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/33-year-old-female-looking-fellow-brit-friends-auckland-area-738095/)

galaxy1978 Nov 7th 2011 8:42 am

33 year old female looking for fellow brit friends in the Auckland area

I have recently arrived in NZ, been here 2 months now. Have my job sorted and car, now Im looking for friendships in order to help me settle, male or female.

So if you too are at a loose end, please get in touch.

Kelly :)

Closed 1001 Nov 7th 2011 10:03 am

Re: 33 year old female looking for fellow brit friends in the Auckland area

Hi Kelly, i've been here two months myself jobs sorted and all that.. i'm just really missing people back home and finding it a little hard to settle in where about in the uk you from?
lauren

Rosemary Nov 7th 2011 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Closed 1001 (Post 9718546)
Hi Kelly, i've been here two months myself jobs sorted and all that.. i'm just really missing people back home and finding it a little hard to settle in where about in the uk you from?
lauren

Hello and a big welcome to the New Zealand section of BE from the Consierges in Spain.

You will find excellent information in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

BE Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font. Also there are Consierges who can support and guide you.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary

galaxy1978 Nov 8th 2011 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Closed 1001 (Post 9718546)
lauren

Hi Lauren,

Great to hear from someone in the same situation as myself. This is my second attempt at doing it, so Im trying my hardest to do it differently this time round and to put myself out there to make new friendships, as I feel this is the most important to make the transition a success so to speak. So where abouts are you in NZ? I was born and brought up in Berkshire and then moved for the later half of my life to near the Lake District.

If you want, I can private message you with my number or you can add me on facebook.

Kelly

lisamct Nov 8th 2011 7:30 am

Hi Kelly, I've been up here a couple of months after spending a year in Rotorua. I work full time but I'm off 3 or 4 days a week so I'd be happy to meet up for coffee etc if you fancy it.

galaxy1978 Nov 8th 2011 8:47 am

Hi ya, Im working full time but am free evenings and weekends, where abouts in Auckland are you?

Originally Posted by lisamct (Post 9720253)
Hi Kelly, I've been up here a couple of months after spending a year in Rotorua. I work full time but I'm off 3 or 4 days a week so I'd be happy to meet up for coffee etc if you fancy it.

lisamct Nov 9th 2011 12:01 am

Originally Posted by galaxy1978 (Post 9720336)
Hi ya, Im working full time but am free evenings and weekends, where abouts in Auckland are you?

I'm in Mt Eden, I work random days during the week but other than this weekend I do seem to be off most Sat/Sun (my new boss seems to think I have a social life!)
Saying that there's a few things on next weekend, I'll send you a PM with info and see if you fancy coming along.

BEVS Nov 9th 2011 1:46 am

As you're all trying to get together, I'll move this to meet-ups. Intros tend to be shut after a week or so coz their usually just.....intros. :p

helenz Nov 9th 2011 7:02 am

Originally Posted by lisamct (Post 9721885)
I'm in Mt Eden, I work random days during the week but other than this weekend I do seem to be off most Sat/Sun (my new boss seems to think I have a social life!)
Saying that there's a few things on next weekend, I'll send you a PM with info and see if you fancy coming along.

Hi - have just signed up to expats site as I've been in NZ a year now and feeling I need to make more effort to meet new people! Would be great to meet up with some others in the same boat :) I'm 34, living and working in Parnell but happy to meet up anywhere if anyone fancies getting together! Helen

Juliet31 Nov 19th 2011 12:05 pm

Lets try and organise a meet up :-)

Juliet31 Nov 25th 2011 8:09 pm

Hi Kelly not sure if you got my message I sent to your email?

Anyone at a loose end tonight?

Juliet

JoanneS163 Dec 2nd 2011 8:40 am

Hey Kelly,
I'm in the same situation, been in auckland around a month and looking to meet some new people. If anybody fancies meeting up just give me a shout :)

burltonc Jan 3rd 2012 11:51 pm

Hi there. I'd be interested if anything is happening too. I'm based in Auckland City Centre and I'm from England. Looking to make friends over here.

weedosonthemove Feb 22nd 2012 12:01 am

Hi there, I'm new to the site and to NZ, arrived Jan 1st with my Kiwi hubby, jobs all sorted etc would love to meet new people, hope you got settled, any advice would be great :thumbsup:

Lynne.

zaras dad Feb 22nd 2012 8:42 am

I know its a bit late notice folks but Ill be at The bluestone Room in the city centre from about 6pm on Friday - Happy hour drinks from 5-7 there

www.thebluestoneroom.co.nz

Have arranged to meet up with a few folk from Uni (Im twice the age of some of them :o ) so you're more than welcome.

Budget buster drinks theme will be continued to Outlaws/Cowboys which is located on the viaduct