2 000 posts!

Old May 11th 2007, 10:38 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2 000 posts!

2000 posts!

I joined this site about 3 weeks after StevieB last August (06): he was always on here, finding out about Hamilton and New Zealand in general. He spent hours on here so I eventually had to log on as myself when I was at work or I would never have been able to wrestle the computer out of his sticky mitts. We found BE to be a veritable mine of information and support and generally, I would recommend it to one and all. It goes through cycles of bitterness and in-fighting but it does give an overview of life on the other side of the world. I have made some fantastic cyber friends on here, people I have now met and am proud to call my friends. Poppets, Danny and Donna F, Jac and Adie: stand up and take a bow! And to the others I have met briefly – great to meet you. And those I have had long PM conversations with: it has been a pleasure.
We went through a really bad patch just before our visas were issued: we had given up our jobs; our home; our cars; our motorbike; our daughters' schooling and still didn’t have the visas!. Yes I know, how stupid were we?, (VERY) but we had never anticipated a problem arising. The support we got on here was so reassuring – just knowing that others could understand what we were going through gave me some comfort because I had started to think it was never going to happen.
We got here in October 2006 and life has been a dream – it’s as simple as that. We didn’t come cashed up to the hilt but we have had enough to put down a fair deposit on a lovely little house in a quiet cul-de-sac approximately 4 minutes drive from my work. I enjoy my job as does StevieB, the girl seems to have made a lot of friends and be doing well in school. I appreciate that New Zealand has a lot of faults and is not a paradise: far from it – so to newbies thinking it is, please read the ‘returning to the UK’ forum and take on board the comments made there.
I appreciate a lot of what I write is lightweight: hey that’s how it is! I like to think that I have offered support rather than been really informative. The Kiwi Bar probably holds most of my posts but it is a good venue for a general chat so ‘bottoms up’
to those of you who have made comment on my blog: it started off as a souce of information for my family and friends but seems to have mutated into the ramblings of a madwoman: thank you for your kind comments, nice to know people read and gain some some amusement from it!
So, here I am marking post 2 000: I have had a ball on here, thank you all for your interaction and support: lets adjourn to the bar!
Old May 11th 2007, 10:45 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 000 posts!

There should be a fanfare of trumpets Karen!!!!!! or some fireworks ?????or party poppers

No?????

Well in that case...........

CONGRATULATIONS ON MAKING IT THIS FAR!!

Last edited by P2L; May 11th 2007 at 10:47 am. Reason: karma!!!karma!!!karma!!!!
Old May 11th 2007, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

StevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud of

Nice one dear. Have some wine...oh you did!!
Old May 11th 2007, 10:58 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StevieB
Sod off my love: oh, you did!
Old May 11th 2007, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
2000 posts!

I joined this site about 3 weeks after StevieB last August (06): he was always on here, finding out about Hamilton and New Zealand in general. He spent hours on here so I eventually had to log on as myself when I was at work or I would never have been able to wrestle the computer out of his sticky mitts. We found BE to be a veritable mine of information and support and generally, I would recommend it to one and all. It goes through cycles of bitterness and in-fighting but it does give an overview of life on the other side of the world. I have made some fantastic cyber friends on here, people I have now met and am proud to call my friends. Poppets, Danny and Donna F, Jac and Adie: stand up and take a bow! And to the others I have met briefly – great to meet you. And those I have had long PM conversations with: it has been a pleasure.
We went through a really bad patch just before our visas were issued: we had given up our jobs; our home; our cars; our motorbike; our daughters' schooling and still didn’t have the visas!. Yes I know, how stupid were we?, (VERY) but we had never anticipated a problem arising. The support we got on here was so reassuring – just knowing that others could understand what we were going through gave me some comfort because I had started to think it was never going to happen.
We got here in October 2006 and life has been a dream – it’s as simple as that. We didn’t come cashed up to the hilt but we have had enough to put down a fair deposit on a lovely little house in a quiet cul-de-sac approximately 4 minutes drive from my work. I enjoy my job as does StevieB, the girl seems to have made a lot of friends and be doing well in school. I appreciate that New Zealand has a lot of faults and is not a paradise: far from it – so to newbies thinking it is, please read the ‘returning to the UK’ forum and take on board the comments made there.
I appreciate a lot of what I write is lightweight: hey that’s how it is! I like to think that I have offered support rather than been really informative. The Kiwi Bar probably holds most of my posts but it is a good venue for a general chat so ‘bottoms up’
to those of you who have made comment on my blog: it started off as a souce of information for my family and friends but seems to have mutated into the ramblings of a madwoman: thank you for your kind comments, nice to know people read and gain some some amusement from it!
So, here I am marking post 2 000: I have had a ball on here, thank you all for your interaction and support: lets adjourn to the bar!
oh me wee lassie,
this site is a merrier place with you in it ................ of course thats mainly due to the 21 beers you comsume at each round
Old May 11th 2007, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StevieB
Old May 11th 2007, 11:01 am
conquering the world!

Originally Posted by poppets
oh me wee lassie,
this site is a merrier place with you in it ................ of course thats mainly due to the 21 beers you comsume at each round
Thanks mate: now, you have to go, StevieB is looking for you in the bar!
Old May 11th 2007, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Sod off my love: oh, you did!
Old May 11th 2007, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks mate: now, you have to go, StevieB is looking for you in the bar!
say no more i'm on my way ......................
stevieB ..... i'm coming
Old May 11th 2007, 11:11 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Wine.
Did someone mention wine?
Old May 11th 2007, 11:11 am
conquering the world!

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
There should be a fanfare of trumpets Karen!!!!!! or some fireworks ?????or party poppers

No?????

Well in that case...........

CONGRATULATIONS ON MAKING IT THIS FAR!!

Thank-you!
{takes modest bow}
Old May 11th 2007, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Wine.
Did someone mention wine?
Well done Karen, 2000 posts in 10 months - I was chuffed to get to 100 and I've been over 12 months - I suppose it's quality not quantity that counts ;-) Mind you I've never been to the bar, a pub with no beer where's the fun in that! Anyway cheers to your milestone.
Old May 11th 2007, 11:21 am
conquering the world!

Originally Posted by Woodlea
Well done Karen, 2000 posts in 10 months - I was chuffed to get to 100 and I've been over 12 months - I suppose it's quality not quantity that counts ;-) Mind you I've never been to the bar, a pub with no beer where's the fun in that! Anyway cheers to your milestone.
You have magnificent quality
You took a seriously long break in between moving oot o' yer wee housie in Turra and getting back on here. Me: I chist blethered shite the hale woy through!
Old May 11th 2007, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

You have magnificent quality
You took a seriously long break in between moving oot o' yer wee housie in Turra and getting back on here. Me: I chist blethered shite the hale woy through!
I dinna ken fit yer takkin aboot quine - I dinnae ken the Doric ye ken
Old May 11th 2007, 11:31 am
conquering the world!

Originally Posted by Woodlea
I dinna ken fit yer takkin aboot quine - I dinnae ken the Doric ye ken
Acch, I think ye div!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.