British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   2 000 posts! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/2-000-posts-449257/)

karonious May 11th 2007 10:38 am

2 000 posts!

2000 posts!

I joined this site about 3 weeks after StevieB last August (06): he was always on here, finding out about Hamilton and New Zealand in general. He spent hours on here so I eventually had to log on as myself when I was at work or I would never have been able to wrestle the computer out of his sticky mitts. We found BE to be a veritable mine of information and support and generally, I would recommend it to one and all. It goes through cycles of bitterness and in-fighting but it does give an overview of life on the other side of the world. I have made some fantastic cyber friends on here, people I have now met and am proud to call my friends. Poppets, Danny and Donna F, Jac and Adie: stand up and take a bow! And to the others I have met briefly – great to meet you. And those I have had long PM conversations with: it has been a pleasure.
We went through a really bad patch just before our visas were issued: we had given up our jobs; our home; our cars; our motorbike; our daughters' schooling and still didn’t have the visas!. Yes I know, how stupid were we?, (VERY) but we had never anticipated a problem arising. The support we got on here was so reassuring – just knowing that others could understand what we were going through gave me some comfort because I had started to think it was never going to happen.
We got here in October 2006 and life has been a dream – it’s as simple as that. We didn’t come cashed up to the hilt but we have had enough to put down a fair deposit on a lovely little house in a quiet cul-de-sac approximately 4 minutes drive from my work. I enjoy my job as does StevieB, the girl seems to have made a lot of friends and be doing well in school. I appreciate that New Zealand has a lot of faults and is not a paradise: far from it – so to newbies thinking it is, please read the ‘returning to the UK’ forum and take on board the comments made there.
I appreciate a lot of what I write is lightweight: hey that’s how it is! I like to think that I have offered support rather than been really informative. The Kiwi Bar probably holds most of my posts but it is a good venue for a general chat so ‘bottoms up’
to those of you who have made comment on my blog: it started off as a souce of information for my family and friends but seems to have mutated into the ramblings of a madwoman: thank you for your kind comments, nice to know people read and gain some some amusement from it!
So, here I am marking post 2 000: I have had a ball on here, thank you all for your interaction and support: lets adjourn to the bar!

P2L May 11th 2007 10:45 am

Re: 2 000 posts!

There should be a fanfare of trumpets Karen!!!!!! or some fireworks ?????or party poppers :blink:

No?????

Well in that case...........

CONGRATULATIONS ON MAKING IT THIS FAR!!:beer: :beer:

StevieB May 11th 2007 10:56 am

Nice one dear. Have some wine...oh you did!!

karonious May 11th 2007 10:58 am

Originally Posted by StevieB (Post 4765303)

Sod off my love: oh, you did!

poppets May 11th 2007 11:00 am

Originally Posted by karonious (Post 4765247)
2000 posts!

I joined this site about 3 weeks after StevieB last August (06): he was always on here, finding out about Hamilton and New Zealand in general. He spent hours on here so I eventually had to log on as myself when I was at work or I would never have been able to wrestle the computer out of his sticky mitts. We found BE to be a veritable mine of information and support and generally, I would recommend it to one and all. It goes through cycles of bitterness and in-fighting but it does give an overview of life on the other side of the world. I have made some fantastic cyber friends on here, people I have now met and am proud to call my friends. Poppets, Danny and Donna F, Jac and Adie: stand up and take a bow! And to the others I have met briefly – great to meet you. And those I have had long PM conversations with: it has been a pleasure.
We went through a really bad patch just before our visas were issued: we had given up our jobs; our home; our cars; our motorbike; our daughters' schooling and still didn’t have the visas!. Yes I know, how stupid were we?, (VERY) but we had never anticipated a problem arising. The support we got on here was so reassuring – just knowing that others could understand what we were going through gave me some comfort because I had started to think it was never going to happen.
We got here in October 2006 and life has been a dream – it’s as simple as that. We didn’t come cashed up to the hilt but we have had enough to put down a fair deposit on a lovely little house in a quiet cul-de-sac approximately 4 minutes drive from my work. I enjoy my job as does StevieB, the girl seems to have made a lot of friends and be doing well in school. I appreciate that New Zealand has a lot of faults and is not a paradise: far from it – so to newbies thinking it is, please read the ‘returning to the UK’ forum and take on board the comments made there.
I appreciate a lot of what I write is lightweight: hey that’s how it is! I like to think that I have offered support rather than been really informative. The Kiwi Bar probably holds most of my posts but it is a good venue for a general chat so ‘bottoms up’
to those of you who have made comment on my blog: it started off as a souce of information for my family and friends but seems to have mutated into the ramblings of a madwoman: thank you for your kind comments, nice to know people read and gain some some amusement from it!
So, here I am marking post 2 000: I have had a ball on here, thank you all for your interaction and support: lets adjourn to the bar!

oh me wee lassie,
this site is a merrier place with you in it ................ of course thats mainly due to the 21 beers you comsume at each round:thumbsup:

poppets May 11th 2007 11:00 am

Originally Posted by StevieB (Post 4765303)

:rofl: :rofl:

karonious May 11th 2007 11:01 am

Originally Posted by poppets (Post 4765313)
oh me wee lassie,
this site is a merrier place with you in it ................ of course thats mainly due to the 21 beers you comsume at each round:thumbsup:

Thanks mate: now, you have to go, StevieB is looking for you in the bar! :thumbup:

poppets May 11th 2007 11:01 am

Originally Posted by karonious (Post 4765309)
Sod off my love: oh, you did!

:rofl:

poppets May 11th 2007 11:02 am

Originally Posted by karonious (Post 4765318)
Thanks mate: now, you have to go, StevieB is looking for you in the bar! :thumbup:

say no more i'm on my way ......................
stevieB ..... i'm coming;):D

BEVS May 11th 2007 11:11 am

Wine.
Did someone mention wine?

karonious May 11th 2007 11:11 am

Originally Posted by kev&sarah (Post 4765270)
There should be a fanfare of trumpets Karen!!!!!! or some fireworks ?????or party poppers :blink:

No?????

Well in that case...........

CONGRATULATIONS ON MAKING IT THIS FAR!!:beer: :beer:

Thank-you!
{takes modest bow}

Woodlea May 11th 2007 11:16 am

Originally Posted by BEVS here (Post 4765366)
Wine.
Did someone mention wine?

Well done Karen, 2000 posts in 10 months - I was chuffed to get to 100 and I've been over 12 months - I suppose it's quality not quantity that counts ;-) Mind you I've never been to the bar, a pub with no beer where's the fun in that! Anyway cheers to your milestone.

karonious May 11th 2007 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Woodlea (Post 4765384)
Well done Karen, 2000 posts in 10 months - I was chuffed to get to 100 and I've been over 12 months - I suppose it's quality not quantity that counts ;-) Mind you I've never been to the bar, a pub with no beer where's the fun in that! Anyway cheers to your milestone.

You have magnificent quality :cool:
You took a seriously long break in between moving oot o' yer wee housie in Turra and getting back on here. Me: I chist blethered shite the hale woy through!

Woodlea May 11th 2007 11:30 am

Originally Posted by karonious (Post 4765402)
You have magnificent quality :cool:
You took a seriously long break in between moving oot o' yer wee housie in Turra and getting back on here. Me: I chist blethered shite the hale woy through!

I dinna ken fit yer takkin aboot quine - I dinnae ken the Doric ye ken

karonious May 11th 2007 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Woodlea (Post 4765446)
I dinna ken fit yer takkin aboot quine - I dinnae ken the Doric ye ken

Acch, I think ye div!