Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

0161 - cheap calls

0161 - cheap calls

Old May 22nd 2007, 10:49 pm
Baa Baa

KiwiKate will become famous soon enoughKiwiKate will become famous soon enough
Default 0161 - cheap calls

Is this code still working??? I tried to call my mum yesterday and a voice message said the number was no longer in service. Haven't had a chance to check with telecom ... need to get off the dial up connection and find out, but if anone here can shed some light 'twould be appreciated
Old May 23rd 2007, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 0161 - cheap calls

Originally Posted by KiwiKate
Is this code still working??? I tried to call my mum yesterday and a voice message said the number was no longer in service. Haven't had a chance to check with telecom ... need to get off the dial up connection and find out, but if anone here can shed some light 'twould be appreciated
Apparently it has been withdrawn-Donna's mum can't use it either-it wasn't cost effective for the company.
Old May 23rd 2007, 7:40 pm
Baa Baa

KiwiKate will become famous soon enoughKiwiKate will become famous soon enough

Oh poo!
It was cost effective for ME.

How else can I make cheap calls to UK????
Old May 23rd 2007, 10:20 pm
WAS bored stiff in USA

cyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud of

I've just called my daughter in Germany using 0161 & got straight through. Didn't get any messages or anything so I hope it worked as I was calling her mobile & I really don't need a heart attack if that call was $1.79 a min instead of 40c.
Old May 24th 2007, 1:13 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: 0161 - cheap calls

I used it last night it was fine, somethimes it can be a bit tempremental. Try a couple of times, and remeber to leave off the 00 from the country code ie 016144 not 01610044
Old May 24th 2007, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of

Had no problems this morning with it