Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

£ or Aus$ travellers cheques

£ or Aus$ travellers cheques

Old Aug 15th 2007, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

futurama has a spectacular aura aboutfuturama has a spectacular aura aboutfuturama has a spectacular aura about
Default £ or Aus$ travellers cheques

with the fluctuating exchange rate would I be better bringing sterling

travellers cheques or aussie dollars. Any ideas would be helpful..Ian

Old Aug 15th 2007, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: £ or Aus$ travellers cheques

Originally Posted by futurama

I'd take sterling travellers cheques particularly as the NZ dollar is weakening against the pound.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by futurama

I'd open a nationwide account and use the atm's, that way You can withdraw when you like and at the best rate
Old Aug 16th 2007, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

futurama has a spectacular aura aboutfuturama has a spectacular aura aboutfuturama has a spectacular aura about

Think I ll wait the way the rate is going up I just love a flutter. Hope I dont get fingers burnt
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:11 pm
Banned

Colin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really nice

Why Aus$ ?

Makes no sense to exchange to a currency you still got to change at a later date
Old Aug 17th 2007, 1:32 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Not a bad GBP to NZD today Futurama. Not checked the other currencies against the NZD though.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Colin in the middle
Why Aus$ ?

Makes no sense to exchange to a currency you still got to change at a later date
I was confused too. The bank said they dont do NZ$ traveller cheques but did Aus$ and the exchange rate between Aus$ and NZ$ was very good ...Ian
Old Aug 17th 2007, 10:00 am
Banned

Colin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really nice

Thats what I thought!

People in the UK seem to think that NZ is part of Australia still. Just a mindset that can get on your nerves.

I loved returning to the UK after a few months away picking up a Kiwi Accent then some oink whose idea of a holiday is spain says what part of Australia you from you say to them actually New Zealand but they still come up with the line of I would love to go to Australia.

Dont buy Aussie Travellers Checks unless your going to Australia.